AEA 95 Cal

IMG_0988.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: qball
I just seen the video by bintac. of the new AEA, Zeus, 95 caliber. 500 grain at 900 ft./s and 4000 foot pounds of energy. I know I said I wouldn’t buy another AEA. But I’m thinking I might have to buy this one to repair. Seems like it would be a lot of fun.
I just got on the list for it can't wait to get it!

The larger frontal area allows you to hit the vitals with less precise accuracy. Example if you're going for the brains of the squirrel the brain is a size of a almond seed. With a 1.25 in projectile you have over a 3 inch diameter circle which you can hit and still hit the brain. With the 177 pellet will do the job just as well the diameter of the circle is probably the size of a quarter. Essentially you could be a poopty Marksman and still hit the target.

At a certain energy point, solid lead projectiles become very inefficient at impact. I don't know exactly where that point is, but it's quite a bit below 4,000fpe.

I'm not knocking innovation, but unless they intend for there to be an armor piercing application or similar (so, not lead), I just don't see the point.
I’m going to cast my own, I’ve casted my first batch of 50 cal slugs about a week ago. with lead free solder. They are pretty accurate, and break into chunks when they make impact acting more like buck shot than a slug. The trick is getting the mold good and hot before you pour them. Then I double check the diameter and will make adjustments with the pen lathe if needed. So far they’ve cam out a perfect .495. I’m thinking I can get that 500grian slug down to 235 240 and push it closer to 1000fps or greater. The 50 is a 235 grain mold, with the alloy it brought it down 155 grain and pushing it out of the element max at 1150fps

The larger frontal area allows you to hit the vitals with less precise accuracy. Example if you're going for the brains of the squirrel the brain is a size of a almond seed. With a 1.25 in projectile you have over a 3 inch diameter circle which you can hit and still hit the brain. With the 177 pellet will do the job just as well the diameter of the circle is probably the size of a quarter. Essentially you could be a poopty Marksman and still hit the target.
I was joking lol, I’m going to be using this bad boy for elk, moose and bear.

Reactions: bearair