AEA .30 cal.

Just curious if anyone has used the 45 gr and how they compare to JSB ? I was actually thinking at first while looking at Utah airguns these would be a lot cheaper. However, I noticed Utah isn’t offering the sales gimmicky one free with every 5 bought on AEA. They are just pricing them at that rate out of the gate. Does anyone know why they are doing that ? Makes me much less apt to purchase I guess as the jsb work so well. I’m still curious how they have shot out of your guns ?? Thanks guys.

I got some in from UA that I bought. I’ll shoot them this weekend through a 700mm FX Superior 1:40 twist. It won’t be fast since I’m working my way down in speed, contrary to most with the speed fetish. I’ve settled on 865 fps with the JSB 44.75. The AEA 45 will be about 5 fps slower.

Reactions: Dairyboy
I shot the 50s and 45s over the weekend, getting ready for NAC. They have a very similar design to the JTS, but are not the same. They are a bit longer (AEA 45s to JTS 45s). I've also heard the lead composition might be different, but I can neither confirm nor deny.

I'm using a different barrel than when I shot the JTS last season, but I'm really impressed so far. I was testing a couple different pellets, the Zan 56s, and these, so I kept my tune for the 56s. The Zan's did not like this year's barrel at all unfortunately. So... with an inappropriate tune, and in the wind, both AEAs shot well. Shot one card with the 50s @ ~860 fps, 214 I think, and 2 cards with the 45s @ ~860 and ~850, best was a 220 @ 850. I did not notice any bad spirals or anything I'd call a flyer.

I changed my tune for the lighter weight and will be testing these 2 at different velocities, hopefully today. I'm hoping I can find a good tune for the 50s as they should do a bit better in the wind. Might throw a few JTS down the pipe, just to say I did. I had issues with flyers last year, but this is a different barrel so who knows.

Last edited:
Turned out to be windy at the range today. That's good and bad for testing... not great for groups, but good for seeing variance. I'll be focusing on the 50s for NAC. Here was my best 5 shot group of the day, 845 fps, managed to catch some consistent wind for a bit.

1000006491.jpg

I got some in from UA that I bought. I’ll shoot them this weekend through a 700mm FX Superior 1:40 twist. It won’t be fast since I’m working my way down in speed, contrary to most with the speed fetish. I’ve settled on 865 fps with the JSB 44.75. The AEA 45 will be about 5 fps slower.
I'd love to hear your results and where you landed on speed.

IMHO the AEA and JTS are the same.
The AEA 45 shoot very well, just as good as a sorted tin of JSB 44.75.
But, they are better because I get a BC that is about 20% higher than the JSB 44.75.
So, equivalent accuracy, but better BC and therefore better in the wind (don’t be a science denier). Oh, and that’s at 870 fps at 100 yards. Like this 6 shot group. Or this 12 shot group. Took first two, wind shifted but I kept the same POA.

IMG_2162.jpeg

IMG_2163.jpeg

IMG_2160.jpeg

Last edited: