• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEA.22 SS Carbine Initial Thoughts

I have been eying the Semi-Auto AEA guns for months and finally got the SS .22 Carbine from UT Airguns. Wow… amazing gun for the $$,

A8567FFE-37AB-4736-B998-BDF082008209.1640139474.jpeg

I’m a long time hunter and a competitive shooter at RMAC and EBR. This is no 100 yard bench gun but right out of the box… it’ll shoot 1.25” at 35 yards with a red dot scope. I suspect that 1-1.5” groups are likely at 50 with a decent scope… maybe better.

The gun comes hot, with 15.9 JSB’s shooting at 998 and the 18 grain JSB’s at 950. Both shoot with good standard deviation and cycle beautifully! I’m going to use the power adjuster to restrict the port to see if the gun will cycle at 850 fps in hopes of an even higher shot count but will stay at whatever velocity is most accurate.

I may add a moderator but the .22 hardly needs it. If you do add one, you need to remove the factory baffles before adding your own moderator to ensure proper cycling. The larger calibers are louder… and the 35 is LOUD!

Tip:

The action was a bit tight when it first came out of the box, but Thaddeus did a 2 minute lube with Balistol that got it silky smooth. 

Only complaint is the trigger. I’m gonna shoot it for a while to see if it gets better…but I may adjust in future. I haven’t weighed the trigger but it feels like a long 5lbs. Shootable but needs improvement.

I plan to use the gun for plinking and hunting but my ultimate goal is to use it on flying pigeons. I think it’s doable and the gun is more than capable… so stay tuned. : )

All in all … this thing is awesome! Best new toy in a long while. 

Brad in Salt Lake

Careful with lightening the trigger too much. Can cause the gun to randomly burst fire or go full auto. Kinda 'cool'...but not when you're not expecting it. 

I ended up just doing a basic polish to the trigger parts and not messing with the springs due to the effect the lighter springs were having. 

And you're right--about a 4-5 lb trigger pull. If you start taking them apart, make sure you have a clear workspace the first time, pretty dirty inside. 

But for the money as a small game pester, hard to beat.