• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Advice you wish you had.

"terry12983"My first gun was the huntsman and now wish I had gone with the cricket. Side lever cocking and less expensive mags. plus better accuracy and higher capacity mags and shots per fill.Daystates are beautiful guns but quickly turn into cash cows in my opinion. I would gladly make you a good deal on my huntsman as I rarely shoot it any more.
Could you elaborate on the cash cow 🐮 thing. I'm looking to get one and most of what I hear is simplicity and reliability. Thanks. 

Your point is well taken, Terry. Even with the high resell value of air guns given the high demand, from a purely financial perspective, I have lost considerable money in selling my air guns and accessories to upgrade to better guns (IMO). (However, there's a strong argument to be made that the enjoyment derived from using the weapons and such compensates for secondary market loss.) This is why I have advocated learning from others' experience and buying high-end right off the bat.

Airguns? Want a really expensive hobby? Try amateur radio! A decent transceiver, amplifier, and antenna can easily exceed $10,000. But like airguns, the purchase is over months to years, so the "felt" expense ends up being a few pats, instead of one swift kick! I've done both, plus metal detecting, hot cars, and beer (I won't talk about the women!).

Seriously I only have 2 airguns. I started with hw100 .22. I had no idea how accurate it should have been and was sort of happy till I did. 
The .22 has a reputation for having bad barrels and I got one!
I bought. LW poly barrel and now it's accurate. But I 
wouldnt do it that way again$
Now own an impact and for all it's + &- you do learn a lot from this gun. 
I think your on the right track with a Daystate. The Brits do know how to make airguns. 
You'll need some room for you stuff. Like a $ for every time I was told to get it off the kitchen table!
As my wife likes to remind me I'm at a point now where I have" all the gear and no idea"
Marcella loved 'basketball jones' sent it strait to my buddy!

I have zero airguns now, since I sold my Impact. (If you don't count the Umarex Colt Peacemaker .45 replica I have in the gun belt/holster hangin' in my closet.) I'm waiting on my new RAW .357. But, generally I keep only one gun at a time. Aside from the fact that I can't afford to have any more, I really have no more room in my little one-bedroom apartment! What with my compressor, tank, Chrony, pellet trap, and all the other air gun implements of destruction.

Here's the original animated Basketball Jones (feat. Tyrone Shoelaces) by Cheech & Chong: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2pvhgp_basketball-jones-orig-1975-animated_music

Well, that's kinda how I look at it. As Mt 13:45-46 says, "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant searching for fine pearls. When he finds a pearl of great price, he goes and sells all that he has and buys it." Actually, now that you mention it, I might just mount my new RAW on the wall instead of stowing it in a rifle scabbard under the bed. Why hide my light under a bushel, right? She is gorgeous. I'll definitely post pics and a review. I can't wait to put her through her paces. I ordered a sample pack of hollowpoints from Mr. Hollowpoint to test for him as a guinea pig. (He told me he has no data on the RAW .357.) Ah needs hep, laduhs 'n gennamens; I gots da airgun jones!

I still believe it should not take $1500 to shoot a .22 pellet accurately... I mean if you've got it like that by all means, but to me jumping straight into a high end gun skips pass a few options.

$600 - 800 gets you a lot of gun in .22 / .25 imo, and may be fine just as it or you can get a little work done to it by the hundreds of tuners that are out there.

I just completely tore my Mrod down for the 1st time, this after having it tuned just a few months ago. Have to say honestly had this been a $1500+ gun I probably never open it up on my own, just like I have no problem doing Volkswagen repairs, but I have to take the Ferrari in to a mechanic just for an oil change...
It felt very rewarding putting all the pieces back together and dropping that regulator in and tuning it to were I want it to be, hard to explain, but its close to the feelings experienced when I caught a fish the first time on a fly I tied myself.

Air compressors and tank... 

I just found the best dive shop not 10mins from my house. Their compressor is the size of a small room Bauer that filled my tank to 4500 in less than 5mins, before the compressor fully got up and going. It even surprised the owner so much I'd already paid for the fill so he gave me a free fill card and phone# to call so that I could arrange a fill if I needed one and didn't have a lot of time.
He also told me stuff about air tanks that I didn't know, and in general is a really cool guy. I told him that I was planning on buying a compressor but I know that there's no way I can fill my tank as quickly as their compressor just did, so I'll probably end up picking up a second tank when I get my big bore.

Between shooting 72 shot strings with my Kral .22 which btw at it's price point 72 shots at 36 fpe is unbelievable in a non regulated gun, and tuning my Mrod my tank is back down to 3K psi, so I have had to top off with my Hill hand pump to get to 3200 start point on my Marauder, could not be any easier there's nothing wrong with having a good quality hand pump as a back up.

I'm looking to get into the PCP world. From reading several other posts I joined the sight to get some info. I have a squirrel issue at my house and I live in town. I have a number of firearms that will do almost what I need to do. I live in a small country town and could get away with shooting a firearm. The laws in MS are in my favor as far as owning enough land to shoot firearms within the city limits. Why be an annoying neighbor if you don't have to be? I'm seriously considering the Gamo Urban 22 based mostly off the fact it seems quiet according to the videos I have watched. Shots will be taken 50yds and in. The gun will be used until the problem is solved and put away in the safe until the squirrels make a return. What are your opinions? Is that a good enough "QUIET" gun or is there another you would suggest? I don't know of a scuba shop anywhere nearby and I'm not likely to purchase a compressor. Pumping will be the method of filling. Thanks in advance and sorry for hijacking the thread.