• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Advice/suggestions please... FX GLADIATOR MK2

I posted on the previous forum but looks like it was lost in the update..
8-(
I am looking to purchase my 1st PCP and have been leaning towards the ((FX GLADIATOR MK2))
.22 or .25
I've searched but only found a couple reviews/videos on this airgun. It seems to have great accuracy and an AMAZING shot count but it would be nice to get others opinions/feedback or suggestions since I am a newbie in the PCP game & making the jump from my springer GAMO... it's a big price increase $$$.. so, I'm hoping for any and all help I can get prior to this (hopefully soon) purchase...

Thank you everyone...!
&
Sorry if I missed any reply to the original post, like I said, I can't find it since the update...

Love my FX Gladiator
I have been shooting my FX Gladiator in .22 cal. for a year now. I had AOA install a regulator and now I can get over 125 shots on high power. The rifle was set up for the 2014 USARB Nationals and shot in two classes, on high power it was set to 31ft.-lbs. for Open Class and on med. power it was set to 19ft.-lbs. for HV Class. I am luck to live in the Phoenix area where I shoot with the Phoenix Airgun Club at Rio Salado Sportsmen Club in Mesa AZ. We shot in 25 meter Benchrest, 100 meter Benchrest, Benchrest Silhouette, 10 meter Indoor Rifle and now Field Target. I shot the FX Gladiator in the 25 meter Benchrest, 100 meter Benchrest and Benchrest Silhouette. I use a FX Royale 400 in .22 cal. for Field Target and a FWB 700 in 10 meter Indoor Rifle.

Reactions: 2FiNgAz
Think of the Gladiator MK2 as a rear-bottle Royale. The action, lever, trigger, accruacy are identical to the Royale. I chose the Royale over the gladiator after considering the following pros/cons. Here is my list. Perhaps it is of use to you.

Gladiator Pros (over the Royale).
- SHOT COUNT - Gladiator has 700cc's of air; 500 in the bottle and 200 in the cylinder
- Balance - better balance in .25 than the Royale 500. Equal to the Royale 400. This is the result of the bottle weight being placed in the rear.
- Full shroud (I just like the look better).

Gladiator Cons (over the Royale).
- Not available in Walnut (if that is important to you)
- [for me] Rear-bottle guns are not as ergonomic when shouldering a gun. THIS was the deal breaker for me. This isn't to say I can't shoot them (I own a Revolution and get by just fine), only that I am more comfortable with traditional rifles and bullpups.

I can say one thing about the FX rear-bottle guns. You will almost certainly want to use high scope rings, even if your scope lets you get away with mediums. Medium rings cause me to have to contort my head in an unnatural and uncomfortable position.

ted

Reactions: 2FiNgAz
Going to be mostly bird/rabbit/squirel-small game, plinking & target...
I was under the impression .25 cal is very forgiving as far as wind goes and pellet placement toward the small game (I would like to take some long range shots-after practice of course)
some folks on my friends property been shooting rabbits for a couple months with a .177 but they run off and die under the house or in their hole.. I wanna be sure to take them out more humanly... Thats why I was looking toward the .25