• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Advice request on a PCPcarbine

Hi!

I am new to PCPs, I do have an SK19 and a Pit-bull Bulldog, both are very cool! AEA has a 45 caliber and well as a 30 caliber "dufflebag" type carbine, I do prefer larger calibers for a PCP. I have heard AEA tends to have problems, what do you guys think? I would like something semi-auto, 30 caliber or larger and was wondering if there are any other alternatives. I like the "coolness" factor and reliability, any advice would be appreciated.

Thank You!

Bob

AEA is a great option for the price. I owned a Challenger 357 (recently sold, I don't hunt and overkill for the back yard). I still own an HP SS 30+ which is the short barrel semi auto carbine.

I would look at the AEA Terminator in .30 caliber... semi auto and powerful... if you don't want semi auto than an HP Max in the caliber of your choice is pretty affordable.

I think AEA are good reliability, and very easy to service with lots of instruction videos online from Bin and others. Most of the times the issues are due to user error (in my case as well, I thought my semi-auto was broken because I didn't realize the power dial had turned down to zero because I didn't tighten it well).

Thanks Guys!

The Leshiy 2 I was told has slight issues getting parts so I discounted that one. The K1 just doesn't appeal to me although I am sure it is a fine pcp. AEA I was a bit concerned since I heard they do have some issues out of the box. I guess if I do I will have my gunsmith friend worry about it or I hear there is a very knowledgeable air-gunsmith about an hour away. If need be I will have to bring it to him and have him straigten it out and might as well have him customize it when I get it to him.

Thank You!

Bob

I haven't gone with semi-auto for a few reasons but one of the biggest being that I find I'm much more accurate if I'm loading/shooting single shot. Perhaps someday I'll get a SA .177 for speed plinking on reactive targets, who knows!

Back to your topic, AEA looks very promising, so long as you order from one of the vendors who 100% backs it up, which I've heard not all do. Cheers!

I bought the HP Carbine in .22 from Ben at the Pellet Shop. Dude is top notch in customer service and responsiveness and help. I highly recommend. Anyways back to the gun, I bought the aluminum bottle version and would get 36 shots before the poi shift. So I installed an FX 480 bottle (unscrew and swap the bottle adapters super easy!) and now I get 60 shots 18.13 gr pellets going 920-960 fps with the transfer port slightly closed (45*). It’s not FX Impact accurate but it’ll hit beer cans all day at 40 yards. So far I’ve gone though 420 rounds without a single malfunction. For the money I don’t think you can go wrong. I wanted a Leshy 2 but with the money saved I was able to afford more pellets and a GX compressor to keep the gun shooting all day long.