Advice re Airarms pcp ultimate explorer

I found the manual under "discontinued models" at this link. https://www.air-arms.co.uk/manuals-discontinued.html
I'm not sure which exact model you have, or i would've found it for you, so select it from the drop down menu and find it. ✌️😊
The manual says that it is etched into the end of the cylinder. I'm not sure if the different variants have different fill pressures, but it looks like it should be 200 bar.

Last edited:
Reactions: JaceSpace1369
So if it’s regulated then the answer is simple, just fill it to its max recommended pressure. For older Air Arms I'm pretty sure that was 200 bar and for newer ones I believe it is 250 bar and I believe the newer ones have the recommended pressure listed right on the reservoir. Verify this for yourself before filling it to 250 bar however. I know from first hand experience that overfilling an S410 can damage the reservoir.

If it's not regulated then you want to determine what it's pressure curve is. If you have a chronograph what you want to do is charge the rifle to it's maximum recommended pressure and then proceed to fire about 100 shots over the chronograph and record the velocities and the pressure readings while you do so. Once you've done this it's just a matter of deciding how many shots you want to take and how consistent you want them to be. If you want super consistent velocities and the best long range accuracy then you're only going to shoot about 20 shots or so right in the middle of the curve. If you are just plinking inside of 30 yards then you might get as many as 80 not so consistent shots.

If you don't have a chronograph then what you want to do is charge it to it's maximum fill and shoot about 100 shots at long range while keeping records on it's point of impact shift and it's pressure change as you go. Instead of going by velocity data, you're going to actually measure how much higher or lower the rifle shoots at different pressures and choose your fill pressure based on that.

Edit: And I notice you're from the UK. In your case everything still applies the same, but the number of shots you'll get will be far higher as your gun is likely set for under 12 fpe.

Reactions: cavedweller
I have an Airarms s510 ultimate explorer. How high should I fill it with air?
I have been filling it to 180. At what level should I refill?
I have been refilling when I get to 100. I have been getting 30 shots approx for this.
Is that what I should expect
250 bar new guns but many think 200 bar is better 🤷‍♂️ for the gun

Airarms s510 ultimate explorer?? Never heard of it. Did you mean to say Air Arms S510 Ultimate Sporter? If so, which model do you have? Is it regulated? Do you have a chronograph? Need these answers if we are going to be able to help you.
Yes sorry. It’s a regulated Airarms S510 ultimate sporter. Just shooting for sport at my new targetboard in photo below. Know nothing about curves r chronographs or other technical stuff that I have been reading here 😂😂 I read the manual. It says to fill to 250 and refill at 150

6CA795E3-1B51-4430-A3CF-C7B028210E60.jpeg

Reactions: Blejda
Yes sorry. It’s a regulated Airarms S510 ultimate sporter. Just shooting for sport at my new targetboard in photo below. Know nothing about curves r chronographs or other technical stuff that I have been reading here 😂😂 I read the manual. It says to fill to 250 and refill at 150

View attachment 439361
If it’s regulated then the pressure curves don’t matter. They’re only something you really need to pay attention to with unregulated guns. For your gun just do as the manual says and fill to 250 and refill at 150. Regulators make things nice and simple…until they stop working.

Here is an 11 part series that was done on the Air Arms S510 (regulated) Ultimate Sporter in .22 caliber. The link is to part 11. Scroll down a little and click on Part 1-Part 10 in order to read them in proper sequence: