• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Advice on new under $200 breakbarrel?

I broke my benjamin titan np .22, the stock screws snapped and are stuck in the gun im returning it and simply that guns been awful. i plan after trying it to sell or tradein. Im thinking of getting a stoeger A30 .22, Stoeger x20 .22, stoeger x20s(they sell at the same price as x20 in nearby stores), ruger airmagnum, and maybe a gamobig cat but i worry of the big cats quality my gamo rifle is cheap and all plastic and i want my rifle to last awhile. Any other suggestions or opinions of those on my list?

Out of all the guns available in the department stores, I believe the Ruger AirHawk to be the safest bet. And only because it is a copy of the Diana RWS34. I had one for a couple years and was a good gun after I tinkered on it a little. Get one and tear it down and replace the piston seal and lube it properly, and it will last you quite a while. Parts are readily available (since it's a clone of a popular German rifle) and cheap. You could even slip a tune kit in it from Vortek or ARH ( Maccari). All that and still come in around or under the $200 mark.

The Ruger Air Magnum is a similar rifle to the Airhawk, but has considerably more kick and will most likely not be as accurate. It is a clone of the RWS350. Tuning parts are available just like with the AirHawk though, so you can tinker it to your liking. 

I haven't seen anything great about any of the Stoegers or Gamos to be honest. With the Ruger guns, at least you are getting a copy of a well established, well designed gun and it's made mostly of steel. For the money, the AirHawk with a little work would be my choice.

My grandpa has a ruger air hawk that i use like its mine ive fired 1000+ pellets through it and i love it its accurate and well made but i also own a stoeger x10 its of equal build quality comes sighted in with scope from the box past the break in period so stoegers are hassle free when i shoot both guns at 30 yards i get a penny size group and with the ruger it comes out identical the thing is between them the stoeger is better in having perfect accuracy out of the box no hassle at the cost of a miserable long heavy 8.5 pound trigger pull and i love the ruger for having a perfect trigger this decision is tough i may end up doing whatevers cheaper i dont know if i mentioned it but it must be .22 i already own multiple .177

I had a Stoeger x10 and the barrel lockup was so bad I couldn't make a 2 inch group at 15 yards. Ended up tossing it in the trash. Sounds like yours is serving you well, so that's good to hear. 

Why not get an XS25 form Flying Dragon Air rifles? It's a Ruger Airhawk that's a .22. Sounds like your grandpas has been a good rifle. 

Or for right under $200 you can get a B26 in .22. It's a copy of the Beeman R9.

Just throwing out some more options.

I cant consider a beemanever again my grandpawas obsessed with them so i borrowed his and after 100 rounds it justbroke while loading the barrel slammed back in place slicing my arm badly with front sight post. I love the X10 ive fired over 4000 pellets through it over2 years with not a single problem it just gets better over time. after looking at the XS25 i found out its made by BAM the same company that makes the x10,x20 stoeger rifles knowing thats almost identical to the ruger airhawk i would say id be exactly the same off with any of those rifles. ill keep my eyes peeled for a deal thank you for tellingme of the xs25 i wouldve never known how similar they were without you. 

If you have cash you can get a prepaid Visa card and use it to buy online. You do have to be 18 to buy airguns online I believe, not a prob for this old dude! The refurb RWS 34 clones (Ruger airhawk) are very affordable, I think new they go for around $125? I will say that German made guns are worth the extra bucks, quality is always a good value.

I just bought a Crosman Nitro Venom Dusk 22, it needed some work out of the box. Paid $120 shipped for it amazon. Its still in break in phase and, and occasionally I get a wild flier that I ordered new pellets to try and remedy. I dunno if I would recommend this one just yet, but for the price I am still trying to see how its gonna stack up. Its probably only got about 150 pellets thru it so far.