Advice on initial purchase.

"Airguns of Arizona" is where I got mine. I went with those folks because they check every gun they sell so you don't get a lemon. It takes a day or two extra (before they ship) but it's worth it.
Just food for thought.
Hmm that's great to know they check each one prior to shipment. i was holding out for Airgun depot since you can get a 2yr warranty add-on for fairly cheap from them.

Reactions: Rizz01
So the gun did come double boxed and I was able to get the scope mounted and got my kit today to chare it from a scuba tank and that is working great. I locally bought the "tallest" scope mount that was available and once I got the scope on and started shooting they are not tall enough for my liking. They are Leupold "high" mounts but still not high enough for me to see just right through. I was able to shoot about 40 shots today and made it work but I am going to have to find some taller mounts. They had some taller mounts in the store but they were also "thicker" and were too wide to fit on the back half of the scope. Would love to see what some of you guys are using for scope rings, especially on the combo of Notos with the bug buster.

Once I got the scope adjusted I set up at 35 yards and the thing was shooting great. I had a couple flyers I don't really have an excuse for but it would stack the shots at that distance using CPHP pellets.

I went to a few gun shops and nobody local had any scope rings that were taller than the ones I already had. I ended up getting some 1 inch risers off of amazon and got things re-mounted. It is a lot better now and sits at a natural elevation when I shoulder the gun. Now to re-zero it tomorrow morning. I had also noticed when Cabela's mounted the scope for me when I bought the mounts it was out of level so I fixed that as well.