Advice on a FWB 124

Hi guys,I have an FWB 124 Sport (San Rafael).I acquired it after the passing of a very close friend of mine.We each bought one new at the time but I later sold mine after getting bit by the precharged bug a number of years ago.Living in the city we did not get the opportunity to shoot much so as a result the gun has had maybe 600-700 pellets through it as evidenced by its basically mint condition.It has been sitting in a gun safe all of these years.My question is this.It needs a new piston seal.Should I replace the seal only or the put in the entire kit with a new spring? Knowing the low shot count will the original spring still perform? Will installing a different spring affect the inherent value of the rifle in a positive or negative way?What about shootability and accuracy with the original vs a different spring? Thank you for your thoughts on this, Jay

Two ways of looking at your issue. 1.- The spring is probably just fine , and 2.- You took the time to tear it down , why not replace the spring ? It is not like they cost a fortune. I just last year had my FWB 124D re-built by Steve at Pomona Air Guns. New seal , and spring. God only knows how many pellets were shot from the gun since 1979 , when I bought it at ARH . Hang on to that one , they are not many for sale. I wish I had bought the F120CX , which was a special version of the FWB124D that the ARH folks built up with the choicest 124 parts , and a unique stock. Try to find one of those ! 

Reactions: Bob_STL