• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

ADVICE NEEDED - HOW DO YOU SHIP YOUR GUN FOR REPAIR?

Thanks, what did you put under "contents of package" when insuring the package and filling out the form/slip?

When I shipped two different guns I just said (sporting goods) not a lie right . Do not mention gun , I made that mistake and it took another 20 mins. for her to check it out if she could ship it and that was UPS .

As to the insurance and contents waltz:

Normally I just put "FAMILY AIR INSTRUMENT" and if quizzed or interrogated by the local shop Stazi, a quick line or two about Grandma and the ole country. Bottom line at some point your traveling baby is going to be alone in a truck with one person, who may or may not be having PROBLEMS. NOW you really want this one person to believe your shtick about shipping an AIR INSTRUMENT👀

Further on the outer card board shipping container, I use large old appliance shipping boxes that I store cut open stacked vertically flat until I need them to make a custom box or target stand. I've shipped manufacturer factory boxes that screamed what's inside with never a problem. On some the neighborhood kids draw on them to further mask what is shipping Love you Grandma, Hi Uncle Waldo from Billy bob and Thelma.💑

Oh one more little thing, USPS is a FEDERAL agency thus all it's paperwork are legal federal documents....😎

I put in "Pneumatic tools" when I ship an airgun. It's very true and never an issue. But I ALWAYS do stuff at home online then drop it off later. I don't like dealing with people who don't know what there doing so it's easier just to package it up at home and do the label at home then all you need to do is drop it off. Or even can have them pick it up.

A few years ago I sent a high dollar shotgun, replacement value would have been about $15,000 to an in state gunsmith via USPS, no problems. Clerk there said a lot of guns go through post office. Last winter I sent an airrifle to David Slade in Tn. and he recommended UPS as he said USPS was not good in that area. Recently I sent an air pistol to him. When I tried to send the rifle and labeled it air rifle it would not go, Labeled the pistol as a pneumatic pellet driver and no problem. I did receive a rifle, a Marlin .22 via USPS no problem and a couple of years ago a S&W revolver to my door via UPS, using my C&R license. No idea how the shipper labeled the revolver.

THANK YOU EVERYONE for sharing from your own shipping/packaging experience, you were all super helpful with this process. The gun made it safe and sound coast to coast (NY to AOA). Here is my $0.02 to contribute:

-- Since I HAD to have a legit shipping carton box that is large enough to fit a Pelican travel case, I made one from long carton boards and swimming foam noodles ($1 each in 5Below). 

-- After removing the action from the stock and putting it in the case, I took 3 long foam noodles cut them to measure in half and smaller pieces too, and taped them nice and tight on the inner side of the carton boards to create extra padding between the carton layer and the Pelican case. So even if the case gets tossed around/dropped/whatever, you get an extra layer of protection. Even Shae at AOA's Service department (whom is a PLEASURE to work with) was impressed lol. Just an idea to share.

IMG_1625.1624659056.JPG
IMG_1624.1624659066.JPG
IMG_1623.1624659074.JPG
IMG_1626.1624659080.JPG
IMG_1637.1624659089.PNG