• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Advice needed for 4 year old Omega Air Charger

I ran across a guy that has a 4 year old Omega Air Charger for sale. And he isn't a PCP Fan, as a matter of fact he came to possess this unit as a friend moved away and evidently couldn't take it on the move. The Compressor runs and will build and hold air up to at least 4300 PSI, and seems to hold pressure.

I don't want to low ball the guy but I'm going to have to drive like 3.5 hours round trip to pick it up as he won't ship it, and I'm going to have to buy an owners service/overhaul kit from Omega, as the kit is missing. The Kit Cost's $70.00 including shipping. And obviously I think it would probably be prudent to tear it down partially and at least verify that the grease hasn't dried out.

A new unit can be obtained from AOA with a warranty for about $1219.36, will have a warranty, and obviously will be 4 years newer.

Just curious what kind of opinions people might have on the used value of something like this. I'm thinking $500 would be a fair price to offer considering that I could actually be buying a compressor in need of a good bit of work before I use it.

Thank you...