Advice needed CS4 vs JTS1 comp

So I am deciding on my first compressor (just use a hand pump currently).

GX CS4 or the JTS 1 Compressor is the question.

I hate to buy something and have to do any modding or anything I just want something that works but 500-600 is the price range right now. I only have a couple PCPs but my FX Crown has to fill to 250 bar.
I don’t care about being portable but it’s a nice touch. My main concern is being able to fill my crown reliably.

If you have any experience with any or both of these please let me know. I’m not interested in hearing about mods or other hardware store alternatives! Lol

Compare the Specs! The JTS is probably a 2 stage compressor that will fill to 4500psi. It probably isn't rated to fill tanks either. The CS4 is a 4 stage compressor, is water cooled and will fill to 5800psi! It's also rated to fill larger tanks. You may not need that now, but if you ever decide to get a tank or a Huben, you will have a compressor that will fill your needs and grow with you!

I know PA has the JTS for $499.99 but you can't use a coupon and they charge sales tax! GX Pumps has the CS4 at $540.00 shipped (using discount code GX10OFF) and they didn't charge sales tax when I odered mine.

I would not be suprised if Xisico (who makes the JTS) and GX Pumps are somehow affiliated. The JTS is pretty much the same as the GX Pumps CS-3i. Specs are almost identical and the only difference, I believe, is the JTS had a different fan set-up.

I've had my CS4 since March and even filling airguns with a 4800cc air tank, it never gets above about 98 degrees! Think about that, body temp is 98.6! So they run extremely smooth and cool. Heat is what kills these compressors the fastest, so the cooler they run the better.

Reactions: TC724
Compare the Specs! The JTS is probably a 2 stage compressor that will fill to 4500psi. It probably isn't rated to fill tanks either. The CS4 is a 4 stage compressor, is water cooled and will fill to 5800psi! It's also rated to fill larger tanks. You may not need that now, but if you ever decide to get a tank or a Huben, you will have a compressor that will fill your needs and grow with you!

I know PA has the JTS for $499.99 but you can't use a coupon and they charge sales tax! GX Pumps has the CS4 at $540.00 shipped (using discount code GX10OFF) and they didn't charge sales tax when I odered mine.

I would not be suprised if Xisico (who makes the JTS) and GX Pumps are somehow affiliated. The JTS is pretty much the same as the GX Pumps CS-3i. Specs are almost identical and the only difference, I believe, is the JTS had a different fan set-up.

I've had my CS4 since March and even filling airguns with a 4800cc air tank, it never gets above about 98 degrees! Think about that, body temp is 98.6! So they run extremely smooth and cool. Heat is what kills these compressors the fastest, so the cooler they run the better.
FLgunner is the reason I got my GX CS4. I like that it is quiet and reliable. Although I did have one hiccup (a leak), GX Support sent me a new pump in a few days and it has worked flawlessly since the repair. I have 10 hours on it and used it to fill a large 9L Acecare SCBA Tank (took a while). I like the auto shut-off feature even though I am always in the room checking the pressure gauge.

The one thing I would recommend is getting a coalescing (copper) filter and some type of molecular sieve filter as I have found that for me the CS4 bleeds off a bit of moisture when using it (no more than my Yong Heng, but still more than I would like). I know some are put off by the AC/DC inverter, but it never bothered me and I like that I can run it off of the car battery when I am remote. Good luck with your research.

-PJ

UPDATE: After reading comments here and some other places online I just pulled the trigger on the CS4. I originally lost interest in PCP's because I hand pumped them which greatly limited what I could do within reason and still enjoy shooting them. I think the added abilities with the CS4 and its ability to run cooler due to its design will greatly increase life expectancy over the JTS for my needs. Once again I hand pump everything currently so this will open the door for me to finally get into more modern guns effectively.

I will create a new thread when it arrives but can someone answer the following for me?:
-It indicated I need distilled water or coolant (Coolant obviously is better) Can you recommend which would be best and easily obtainable
-Same for lubricant's or oil that's needed, what can I get somewhat easily that will be good for this?

UPDATE: After reading comments here and some other places online I just pulled the trigger on the CS4. I originally lost interest in PCP's because I hand pumped them which greatly limited what I could do within reason and still enjoy shooting them. I think the added abilities with the CS4 and its ability to run cooler due to its design will greatly increase life expectancy over the JTS for my needs. Once again I hand pump everything currently so this will open the door for me to finally get into more modern guns effectively.

I will create a new thread when it arrives but can someone answer the following for me?:
-It indicated I need distilled water or coolant (Coolant obviously is better) Can you recommend which would be best and easily obtainable
-Same for lubricant's or oil that's needed, what can I get somewhat easily that will be good for this?
TC724

My understanding is there is a requirement to use a PH neutral cooling fluid. Some are using straight distilled water and Water Wetter additive. Based on this blog I went with Valvoline Zerex G48:
https://blog.roninsgrips.com/setting-up-testing-the-gx-cs4-pcp-400-bar-5800-psi-air-compressor/

So far it seems to work fine, but only time will tell. Good luck with you new CS4.

-PJ

Mine is still just distilled water, I need to track down that Zerex. Grease should be included and last a fairly long time.

You will need to buy an hour meter, I have a vibration one, but think I need to go to one that runs when the start button is lit. Need to figure that out still. The vibration one will count while I'm driving, adding about an hour to and from the range, counter productive.

Mine is still just distilled water, I need to track down that Zerex. Grease should be included and last a fairly long time.

You will need to buy an hour meter, I have a vibration one, but think I need to go to one that runs when the start button is lit. Need to figure that out still. The vibration one will count while I'm driving, adding about an hour to and from the range, counter productive.
If you have an O'Reilly Auto or Autozone nearby you should be able to find Zerex G48.

-PJ

Thanks all. Here is a link they sent in regards to grease. Greg_E already mentioned this just above so thanks for the feedback. PelletJunkie I appreciate it, I will go and grab some!

@TC724
So far my GS4 has performed admirably on guns and tanks.
A bit slow on tanks, but quiet enough that you can run it for a few hours and not be bothered by noise.
I have not run a stopwatch, but it takes only a few minutes to fill my Crown MkII from 140-250BAR.
And although I will not leave it to fill without monitoring, the AutoStop (at user selected pressure) feature seems very consistent.

Just my limited experience

Hope this helps
Edward

@TC724
So far my GS4 has performed admirably on guns and tanks.
A bit slow on tanks, but quiet enough that you can run it for a few hours and not be bothered by noise.
I have not run a stopwatch, but it takes only a few minutes to fill my Crown MkII from 140-250BAR.
And although I will not leave it to fill without monitoring, the AutoStop (at user selected pressure) feature seems very consistent.

Just my limited experience

Hope this helps
Edward
Edward, this is excellent input so I appreciate it! I won’t be filling really anything right now besides my crown with the pressures you just mentioned. I hope to fill a bottle later on down the road to accommodate longer pesting sessions if needed. But I agree I wouldn’t leave it unattended, my main concern was longevity of the equipment. I can do the maintenance I just need it to last

Edward, this is excellent input so I appreciate it! I won’t be filling really anything right now besides my crown with the pressures you just mentioned. I hope to fill a bottle later on down the road to accommodate longer pesting sessions if needed. But I agree I wouldn’t leave it unattended, my main concern was longevity of the equipment. I can do the maintenance I just need it to last
I aim for filling my guns from bottles/tanks
Every time the hhumidity drops to 50% or below (not often here, except in winter) I fill everything I have:
Tanks, bottles, gun reservoirs
This, it seems to me, ensures that I have a supply of the driest air that can be gotten in this area.
FWIW
I respect the CS4 moisture filtering and have added the little blue filter as well.
It makes sense to me, but I have no empirical date to back it up
Edward

Reactions: TC724
I aim for filling my guns from bottles/tanks
Every time the hhumidity drops to 50% or below (not often here, except in winter) I fill everything I have:
Tanks, bottles, gun reservoirs
This, it seems to me, ensures that I have a supply of the driest air that can be gotten in this area.
FWIW
I respect the CS4 moisture filtering and have added the little blue filter as well.
It makes sense to me, but I have no empirical date to back it up
Edward
I know it depends on the area and humidity at the time, but when I was filling the SCBA bottle I was bleeding water off from the CS4, the copper coalescing filter and a few times from the JB Alpha Filter.

I tear apart my rifles every 6 months to check that there isn't any moisture and so far so good with the filters I run. It seems like a good investment when a lot of these PCP(s) run north of $1000.

-PJ