• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning ADVICE NEEDED Air rifle tank not filling with compressor .30 Blitz

Not sure if I’m in the correct forum for this but I could use any insight as to what may be the issue with my Hatsan Blitz. Recently I went to fill the tank on the rifle as usual with my compressor which is the blue “yong heng” water cooled air pump I’ve used for over a year and for some reason the rifle will not accept any air tried changing o rings the separator filter all to no avail. I don’t think I’m doing anything different then any other time I’ve filled it. Does anyone have any tips that may help me get it goin again? Thanks 

J.fred,

If you've successfully filled Hatsan Blitz before with Yong Heng. and haven't changed any procedures, I'd check Yong Heng first by inserting this plug in high pressure air hose, pressurize system, shut down, check for leaks. If Yong Heng builds good pressure, without any leaks, I'd then move on to check the Hatsan. WM 
IMG_20220326_223819.1648349236.jpg

You need to know of your compressor is even building pressure. Also make sure the bleed valve is even closed. Can use a dead head to check if pressure is building. If it is then its your gun. Cock your gun first. Then fill your gun with it being cock. The hammer could be pushing the valve open so it would never build up pressure. If gun is cock and it is still not building pressure then the gun needs to be rebuild and replace all o rings.

j.fred,

If the O rings on the Hatsan fill probe, what you refer to as the "stem," are blowing out while inserted, I'd assume the problem lies with the gun. Hatsan Blitz owners may be able to offer advice or consider contacting Dealer or Hatsan. As to compressor drawing enough amps to trip circuit breaker, make sure not to use an extension cord, nor share devices on the same circuit. Also, circuit breaker might be insufficient. 

My best guess is a failure, possibly corrosion induced, of the one-way tank valve. If you're mechanically inclined, start with a review of any YouTube Hatsan Blitz How-To videos, then begin an investigation. If not, may need to send out for repairs. Best of Luck, WM

only input i have is not all hatsan probes are created equal .. if its not centered properly ie, in to far or out too far, an oring can block the hole under pressure and nothing happens lol .. barring that, and you know the pressor is good id pull the valve block out and go through it .. its some work, just be careful ... id note the position of the hammer spring adjuster and remove it and the spring before working on it ...

@OperativeSix7- This is the conclusion I came to after going through the rifle completely on the bench the other night. I found no issues besides need for little oil in typical spots. The probe that I have is from god knows where but I found that I have to get it in just the right spot and it will take air which is likely combined issue not the correct stem and Orings on it are in need of replacement. On my list of things to buy. Thanks for your input.