• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Arms Advice for pellets for a Crossman Pump Air Gun

Try the normal crosman domes (or hollow point domes), and try the piranhas (little bit heavier) Set up and shoot some targets at range maybe 30 yards along with the gamo pellets. But also try shooting the gun with less pumps than is needed for max velocity if it won't shoot a good group at max pumps. I'm guessing 10 pumps is max? So, I'd say try 8 or 9 pumps if you have issues at 10. You really dont want those pellets doing much more than 900fps. A chronograph would be nice to verify this. But if the gun groups good on the targets, then you're good. Just test things out, and see what works. If none of it works, go back to the drawing board.

Try the normal crosman domes (or hollow point domes), and try the piranhas (little bit heavier) Set up and shoot some targets at range maybe 30 yards along with the gamo pellets. But also try shooting the gun with less pumps than is needed for max velocity if it won't shoot a good group at max pumps. I'm guessing 10 pumps is max? So, I'd say try 8 or 9 pumps if you have issues at 10. You really dont want those pellets doing much more than 900fps. A chronograph would be nice to verify this. But if the gun groups good on the targets, then you're good. Just test things out, and see what works. If none of it works, go back to the drawing board.
thanks for your help.

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
If multi pump try common domed or maybe flat heads / waddcitter.

Thing is when you try any pellet domed , pointed , whatever . Try different pump counts to see if varied fps brings one more under control and best groupings.
Pellet A may perform great at 5 pumps or 600 fps bit flyer at more pumps / high fps kinda thing .

Having a crony to guage your guns per pump power can help as well .

Reactions: Farmplinker2
LoL.... just funny that it's like they don't want you to know .. that usually a basic upfront discription info on most all air guns on the dovetail or rail used.

Crosman has used a 3/4 rail , but most common dovetail is 11mm . Now some mounts are 3/4 of 11mm by flipping the jaw thing .

Anyway if I had to buy blind I'd go 11mm air gun mount/rings .

Next is crosman I think on them center point scopes can be a 30mm or 1 inch tube.. funny again that 4x scope that comes on that gun ain't even listed at crosman to even check that ..

They really leave a guy hanging.

So there's another guy who's posted on a f4 here as well today .

Hook up with him and see if he's got better info having one in hand to be sure..

Reactions: Farmplinker2
I thought we were talking about a multi-pump pneumatic. This gun is a gas-piston break barrel.

I found a picture of the top rail, but it's hard to tell what the dovetail size is. But that leads to another issue. You'll need scope rings with a recoil stop screw to keep the scope from creeping backwards. The rifle does have a stop pin hole already drilled, you can see it towards the rear of the receiver. I agree with Hateful McNasty that an 11mm would be your best bet. Assuming your scope is a 1" tube, 1" medium height Sportsmatch or Hawke rings with a recoil stop pin/screw should work.

s-l1600.jpg

Heck that ugt one piece mount off Amazon for like 15$. I use . Not fancy but does the job.

Went up some

Then I'd could try a lesser cost one .. I'm still using package one piece mounts on stuff ,so??

For a Example

But like said above ones with a stop pin works best for recoil slippage.
thanks a lot. I will go with option one.

Andy