• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Advice for new Dragonfly mk2 owners

I received 2 dragonfly mk2 rifles in 22 cal recently and was stoked. I immediately started testing and sighting in the rifles. However by the time I shot 20 or 30 rounds both rifles lost pump screws and the stock screw started lossening. What's worse is the lock washer got lost in the oak leaves. I called Air venturi and they were very sorry they couldn't send me a part due to a rough update on thier software. This is not an indictment of the company tho. He offered to replace the rifle but I couldn't justify sending it back for an 11 cent part. My dad brought over a magnet and we dragged it around the leaves until we found it. Ok problem solved. My advice to new owners is to glue the screws in. Blue locktight works fine but I chose clear nail polish. I'm sure there are some other products that are just fine as well. Just don't use red locktight. Use it on all 3 pump screws and stock screw. I will be making a full review with honest accuracy and velocity in about a week after I thoroughly break the gun in and do testing. I would not recommend just tightening the screws. It seems like it definitely requires glue. - Raden

Reactions: pnwairgunner
Im roughly 400 pellets thru my .22 Dragonfly. Screws loosened up once, barrel adapter gave me fits every time i tightened it-had to re-zero scope. Since I snugged it w/blue locktite, no more problems. I have a Buckrail suppressor and the pumping is louder than the actual shot. If I notice that any more screws get loose, they will get the blue locktite.
I developed sticky pumping early on and had to take the gun apart to sand some scuffs w/1000grit sandpaper. The problem was caused by using silicone oil on the pump rod/piston/linkage. That stuff is sticky and only good on the o-rings/wiper seal. After I got everything clean & smooth, I used some Mobil1 10w40(only thing I had at the time). This pumper pumps so smooth and easy now! The clack`clack of the pump linkage is annoying and needs some bronze bushings imho. Overall, very happy with the gun purchase!
My only complaints are the bolt seems like it should take less effort to pull back, and my trigger needs to be lightened up a ton. It is very stiff. I also wish the magazines held more 10-15 would be great. I did buy 4 extras- I love using the magazines.

1661957466059.png

Oh don't get me wrong I love the gun. If it shoots with hunting accuracy I will be stoked. I have been waiting since I was a kid for a pumper with a bit more punch. I loved my pumpers but once I got a springer the times I would grab one for hunting got less frequent.
This was 2 days ago at 30 yards- the entire 7 shot magazine. Im going to try a few different pellets next & see if I can get the groups even tighter. This was with Crosman hollow-points. Now if I could just lighten the trigger...

All these problems right out of the box, plus all say it's the typical Chinese single sear trigger with a loooooong 5lb pull. 1 rifle out of 2 doesn't work already, has to be sent back. I was considering one of these but for a $200 bill, I think I'll pass.
I agree with you but the design of the pump and the power it produces is valuable to me. If I can get it to work I'll keep it. I'll look into aftermarket trigger options and maybe I can find a barrel band or make one to keep the barrel from walking..... If that's the problem. I'll keep you all posted.

Im roughly 400 pellets thru my .22 Dragonfly. Screws loosened up once, barrel adapter gave me fits every time i tightened it-had to re-zero scope. Since I snugged it w/blue locktite, no more problems. I have a Buckrail suppressor and the pumping is louder than the actual shot. If I notice that any more screws get loose, they will get the blue locktite.
I developed sticky pumping early on and had to take the gun apart to sand some scuffs w/1000grit sandpaper. The problem was caused by using silicone oil on the pump rod/piston/linkage. That stuff is sticky and only good on the o-rings/wiper seal. After I got everything clean & smooth, I used some Mobil1 10w40(only thing I had at the time). This pumper pumps so smooth and easy now! The clack`clack of the pump linkage is annoying and needs some bronze bushings imho. Overall, very happy with the gun purchase!
My only complaints are the bolt seems like it should take less effort to pull back, and my trigger needs to be lightened up a ton. It is very stiff. I also wish the magazines held more 10-15 would be great. I did buy 4 extras- I love using the magazines.
hey bro i recently got the dragonfly mk2 in .22 and, i had trigger issues as well. when i was researching the rifle i was initially confused because there was no agreement about the trigger at all between any of the reviews. i found that by removing the trigger guard and stock screws and removing the action from the stock, you'll see a screw at the very rear of the action on the bottom. initially i was like well lets tighten that. the result was the trigger failing to function at all. so i loosened it some and it became a way too stiff single stage trigger. so after fine tuning it i found a buttery smooth, reliable, predictably crisp 2 stage trigger with a feather light break. it is an incredible trigger once tuned. sure there is some travel on the first stage but it comes to a pleasantly tactile wall that seems to "click" into place and then breaks with the barest application of pressure from there. hopefully you find this helpful. the disassembly is described well here:

Last edited: