Tuning Adventure in Airgun Tuning with my hobby machine shop.

I have no exact measurement of Taipan barrel Housing if you can measure it correctly, most probably I can do it 

it also needs barrel bushings for fixation in the bridge 

the barrel diameter is 15 mm and the liner body is 14 mm so u cant fix the barrel in the middle bridge 

solution 1: make 2 bushings for FX liner to grow it from 14mm up to 15 mm
solution 2 change 14 mm fx original liner body to 15 mm tube with threads on both sides (they are different) also these solution has 2 sub solutions 
regular_smile.gif

1 sub solution: 15 mm tube with 1 mm wall diameter – need to change front probe also and back adopter will be a different size
2 sub solution: 15 mm tube with 1.5 mm wall, you can use a standard front probe and the back adopter will be the same size as in FX but the tube will be heavier

and one more note. I can make it with dimensions collected from many sources but I haven't Taipan to fit it
sad_smile.gif

actually, it is possible but it will be more like an experiment and prototyping than the complete product. if you are ready for it, your welcome 

Br

George

Hey Guys

Sorry for long absence. I was totally occupied with my PMP.

Good news, finally i found on Ebay 13 mm OD capillar tube for My Artemis P15. I made FX liner assembly for it:

frond cap 

dual transfer port Made for 500mm FX liner,

made new slug probe

made new plenum on 28 cubic cm

increased regulator pressure up to 143 BAR an tried to shoot Nielsen .2175 slugs 20.2 grain

Got 40 shots per fill 924-927 FPS(on stock specifications i got only 820-830 fps max)

20220517_205001.1652806845.jpg
20220517_204950.1652806847.jpg

Next i will shoot on paper and share results with you

@Geojorjika does very nice detailed, accurate work. I bought an adaptor for my .25 Delta Wolf that allowed use of a 600mm STX barrel system. I used a 15mm OD, 14mm ID brass tube for shimming to proper diameter to fit snugly in breech of DW. I've tried the Superior, Superior Heavy, and Slug A at commonly accepted speeds with .25 Heavy pellets. The STX liners were no more accurate than the stock LW A.R.T barrel that comes with the DW, plus I had to forego use of the chrono to use them. Additionally, the STX liner system was significantly more "floppy" than the solid LW barrel. Back to the OP, very good work on the adaptor! 

Yep...been a toolmaker for over 50 years, folks dont realize how much time and effort goes into making custom parts. If you can afford or have access to CNC machines that time can be reduced considerably but it becomes cost prohibitive unless your gonna make a hundred parts. I was lucky enough that I could use the equipment at the shops I worked at, so in my case it was just the time invested. You can have a lot of pride and satisfaction making something that works and looks good. Unfortunately, folks nowadays are looking for cheap and fast then want to complain because it doesnt last or fit very well...hats off to those of you making quality custom parts, you are appreciated by those that have been there and done that !!!

I've been a toolmaker for over 30 years. I have a mill and lathe at home but prefer to use the CNC equipment at work (of course) I got the mill and lathe thinking it would be nice to have at home for when I retire I could still make my stuff at home.. I gotta admit though... I'm getting a bit tired of the trade and find it hard to make anything for myself..

To the OP... I do however enjoy seeing your enthusiasm and reading your excitement in making your own custom parts... it's a handy skill to have... word to the wise... you'll have all kinds of ole buddy could ya would ya projects if you allow it... keep it your hobby and you'll enjoy it much more..

Hi guys

I made several one piece FX barrel adapters for different rifles. Daystate Delta wolf and Kral Puncher are pictured below. You jus remove original barrel attachment and inlet , install the new adopted one and you can use FX barrel for Kral Puncher and Daystate Detla WolfView attachment 184695View attachment 184701View attachment 184707View attachment 184719View attachment 184735View attachment 184748View attachment 184758
Where can I get a adapter for kral puncher breaker and Benjamin Kratos? Both in .22cal