Advantage of hammerless?

I’ve wondered for a while why all the hammerless guns are semi/full auto. If you could run a traditional biathlon setup and magazine you would have a smoother cocking, and no ping. I also thing this would be much quieter then the semi auto setup and more efficient. Just a thought, hammerless setup with side shot style mag in a bullpup.

Reactions: Hoffman9517

I have talked with Gregor (huben guru) about this exact idea. He was actually planning to convert one of his hubens into a lever action repeater. He came to the conclusion that it would be much easier to create a huben pistol, which he did create.
The huben can already achieve close to MOA accuracy shooting out of a magazine. Shooting the pellet that’s seated in the barrel will greatly increase the accuracy. No SSG, SSD, HDD or any other device needed to prevent excess gas usage. I hope huben will come out with one. Or maybe someone else will copy their design and create one. Kinda like LCS using the same hammerless system to create their sk19

For a more in depth explanation of how the hammerless system works check out this video by Gregor. (Increase play speed to 1.5x)

IMO one of the clear benefits of a hamerless system is easy high power. Both the Huben and the Leshiy 2 can be driven to very high power easily just by bumping up the reg and tweaking the dwell. There's no hammer spring / hammer weight games needed to play to push a valve under very high pressures. I don't think the trigger on a hammerless setup will ever be as good as a standard trigger and sear setup can be.

IMO one of the clear benefits of a hamerless system is easy high power. Both the Huben and the Leshiy 2 can be driven to very high power easily just by bumping up the reg and tweaking the dwell. There's no hammer spring / hammer weight games needed to play to push a valve under very high pressures. I don't think the trigger on a hammerless setup will ever be as good as a standard trigger and sear setup can be.
There’s no valve dwell in* the huben. The other adjustment besides the reg is the adjustment of a spring for the closing valve. It’s controlled by the power wheel. CW increases the springs tension thereby allowing less air to bypass. Vice versa for CCW

Last edited:
I’ve got a Leshiy2, I’m pretty impressed with it. But in all honesty I would jump all over a quality hammerless bolt gun. I like how it’s easy to setup and change with just jets and reg pressure.