Adult BB Rifle?

You should consider pellet rifles for both of you, so much more accurate! When my sons were little I made that mistake, they were better shooters than the BB guns after the first week. Ther interest came back quickly after getting accurate pellets rifles..

I would totally agree with you. However, my kiddo is super small. She is just now weighing 40 lbs, so her LOP is the main factor. If there are any super short LOP pellet rifles that are super lightweight, I'm all ears.

I always like the daisy model 25. They still make those but don’t have the power that the old ones did. They advertise 350 FPS but shoot around 290 FPS. I have a 1950s model that will shoot just a tad over 350 FPS. But the new daisy is more accurate. My first BB gun was actually the same one that you bought her when I was her age. It’s what taught me how to shoot and yes I missed now and then but when I got my first 22 rifle I hardly ever missed anything. You could always upgrade to a pellet rifle later if she Really enjoys shooting.

Hello if you do not mind co2 one of the best options I have found was a modified Crosman 2240. My daughters are grown now but when they were young it was very hard finding a gun that would fit as well as having a trigger that would not destroy accuracy. With the 2240 you can put a stock on it and cut it to fit(many options from factory, TKO22, or an AR adapter) also use slip on moderator with a front sight (giving you the ability to use irons and a little bit more barrel length as not to sweep herself). I had 2 2240's the first was a stock gun with the rear receiver plug removed drilled and a paintball ar stock added with a TKO22 moderator, the second was a Mountain Airguns modified 2240 with a TKO22 stock and their moderator with a front sight pin. My daughter will still plink with the Mountain Air 2240 from time to time and I recently just passed the other 2240 to a coworker for his daughter. If you do not like co2 you can use a Crosman 1322 very similar but pump up instead. Both guns are very light, good beginner triggers, easy to modify, and accurate as a converted carbine. Also I say 22 cal as they are easier to load. Well this is just my experience I hope this helps Eric. 

I would totally agree with you. However, my kiddo is super small. She is just now weighing 40 lbs, so her LOP is the main factor. If there are any super short LOP pellet rifles that are super lightweight, I'm all ears.

Yes, she is a little p nut...however I did have to cut the stock (shorten) the stock on the R7 I bought to get them started. When the oldest grew into a full stock, the younger boy was ready to start and had the shorter one passed to him. When he grew into a full size stock, I had numerous dads wanting the short stock R7 to start there kids on!!

The length of pull will probably be an issue regardless of what you get. There are lots of cheap plastic stock options at walmart or amazon you could modify.

I'd look into a daisy m853 from the cmp and cut the stock down. It is 105 plus 15 shipping, or 23 shipping for two. I believe the straight stock is the one you would want but they have a monte carlo stock option also. This is a really decent pellet rifle for the price and you aren't really losing anything by modifying the stock. you might even be able to make a little when you sell it as a modified "beginner" pellet rifle. It will be a bit heavy for her to use in the standing position but so will everything else most likely.

I do not know if I can post links here as I am new so pm me for a link if you can't find it on the cmp site.

edit: you can also get a stock from numrich to fit it, and cut it down instead.

Friends ran across some Red Ryders at CalRanch for $20 each and several of them bought one. I refrained because I didn't really think it would be that fun but it IS..... mainly depending on the games you set up. Fast forward a bit and I was in Rogers Ar with a friend so we took time to go up and visit the Daisy Museum. Quite interesting 👍. While talking to the curator, it came out that the only bb gun Daisy still makes in the US is the 499.... so we each bought one. Later in the hotel room, we had a "National Championship " by stuffing a box with some towels for a trap and taping targets to it. LOADS of fun ! I bought a second for myself so 2 people could always be shooting when I break em out. Took them to our last FT match up north and got several of us trying to pop paintballs at varying distances . 

Some Christmas ornaments, army men, plastic animals.... you're good to go for a while. When the skill level gets a little higher, paintballs can provide a good challenge.... fun for us old kids, too.

A 499 is a good shooting bb gun with a decent trigger. Use the precision ground bb's for highest accuracy .

Bob