• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Adjusting hammer spring on brocock sniper

The short answer, you don't, not necessarily for optimum accuracy. However, longer consistent shot strings and more efficient air consumption will result from a well balanced tune, which often requires adjusting both hammer spring tension and the reg set point. I am not very knowledgeable on your rifle, but I don't believe the hammer spring tension is easily adjustable. If the reg is externally adjustable, then I would think small adjustments could be made without the need to adjust the hammer spring. I'm sure someone with specific experience with the Sniper will chime in with the answer. 

Hi @Kamanthi- I have a the .22 Brocock Sniper "HP" model. Mine is the the bolt-action style and not the more current sidelever XR version. I have played pretty extensively with my reg and hammer spring and have always come back to roughly the default settings the gun arrived with. The HP "magnum" version is a pretty hard-hitting gun for a 22, it likes to shoot 25 grain jsb monsters at about 45-46 fpe. I have not had good luck shooting any other pellet through the Lothar Walther Ploygon barrel the magnum version comes with. 

That being said, it can be a ton of fun learning how these adjustments (regulator pressure and hammer spring) affect each other! Just make sure you're able to return your gun to the known baseline settings. And be sure to read the manual regarding what you can do with the regulator. For example, my regulator can be turned UP when the gun is pressuried, but you must NOT turn it down when pressurized. Doing so will damage your regulator. Newer models may be different, that's why I'm suggesting to read the manual.

Also, I would NOT go down the road of adjusting things without a good chronograph. You'll be chasing your tail endlessly if you do!

I have not shot mine much since getting a Cricket II, but I just did get a new moderator for mine and I'll be brining it back out again in the next week or so. If you have any specific questions, I'd be glad to try to answer them for ya.

👍