N/A Adjusting Factory Notos Magazine

Just in case there are others out there who didn't already know this.....The screw that holds the clear cover in place is locked in position by a small grub screw from the bottom! I was using repositionable thread locker on it to adjust magazines until I accidentally discovered the set screw when I couldn't turn that screw in far enough to hold the clear cover properly. (Ever watch the show Idiotest?) Edit 9/11/23

The only issue I have had with it so far is the magazine cover after about 200 rounds was so loose that it would move counterclockwise during cycling the lever while in the gun, causing it to jam. Never saw that before with other guns. After some close inspection and partial disassembly I figured out that the problem was the phillips head screw that holds the clear cover in place and the hex set screw that provides the detent for the clear cover when it is properly closed.

The center screw was locked in place with some kind of thread locker is held in place with a small grub screw from the bottom, and may or may not need adjustment. Both of mine were too lose. Loosen the setscrew first then use a properly fitting phillips screwdriver to adjust it it with the least amount of slop but so it still moves freely. Tighten the setscrew when it is working well making sure that the phillips head screw doesn't move.

A 1.5mm hex wrench fits the detent screw and the phillips head set screw. There was no thread locker on the detent screw that I could see and it was randomly moving during use. I plan on getting some additional set screws to lock the tensioning screws in place rather than using thread locker. I didn't want to put a Loctite type liquid in there so I got some Vibra-Tite VC4 repositionable thread locker which worked perfectly on both screws.

The mag appears well made and the body is aluminum as far as I can tell. I read about people not getting the same accuracy with the mag vs single fed, but that is not the case with this gun. No difference so far with testing both ways. I like the factory mags, just don't like the 7 shot max. I will soon order a high capacity Carm mag and I might try to make my own mags when my printer arrives.

This Notos does extremely well with CPHP pellets, exceeding my expectations. It likes them better than any pellets I have on hand including the JSB Heavy 18.x grains. 24 - 30 shots before the impact point starts to drop. Perfect for a hiking around gun that fits in a small backpack. I like it!

The only complaint so far is that it came with just one magazine. The place I bought it from didn't mention it only came with one mag in their description and they didn't have any mags available to sell with it so I have just the one for now.I should have done my homework. (But seriously? just ONE magazine? The marketing guys and the accountants got their hooks a bit too deep into this one I think - no extra mag and no pistol grips..) I have never bought a mag fed airgun before that didn't come with two mags. My bad for not checking the factory website.

It shoots as well or better than my P-Rod carbine and keeps the same POI for longer shot strings, plus it cost me less than half as much.. Also much easier to cycle than the P-Rod. I guess I can live without the "missing" magazine.

To cure the pellet being pulled out of the magazine by the pellet probe, is going to require some more engineering. I did a quick fix with some clear packing tape covering half the hole form the mag side of the clear cover. See this new thread started by Rawroots on that.

Last edited:
I ended up getting some Vibra-Tite VC3 thread locker. Worked perfectly to keep the tension just right on both screws with no movement over the last month. With loctite, if you adjust them after it cures they start moving again. With the VC3 you can make slight adjustments as needed and they stay in place.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmosBurton
Thank you for posting this. Exactly the same issue I was having with my Notos magazines. I even purchased two additional magazines and they too were having feeding issues and jamming. Took all three apart and did the same as you instructed. So far so good!

You are welcome. I have only had one jam so far with a "tuned" mag. I was hoping for zero, but 1 out of 70 shots is better than 1 every 5 to 10 shots. Still going to get a couple of higher capacity Carm mags.

The real fix is a 12 round CARM magazine.
Definitely the best option, but also rather expensive at more than 2x what I pay for the Umarex mags that work fine once adjusted. Has anyone had any failures to cycle or feed with the Carm on any gun or for the Notos? At $30 delivered I guess I want perfection.

Last edited:
No malfunctions with any CARM mag. I own, and I have them in .177, .22, & .30 for FX, Prod, Notos.
Considering that you’re almost getting 2x capacity with the CARM for the Notos, and the price is $25 not $30, A Umarex mag. is $19.29 at PA, so the CARM is economical.
So it seems to me that the best fix IS the CARM.