Tuning adjusting a .177 F&T Marauder regulator, and other questions...

My F&T .177 Marauder is about 3 years old. It originally shot JSB 10.34's at 870 fps and I got around 70 shots before the velocity dropped. I just checked the velocity and now it's shooting at 710 fps and I get about 120 shots before the velocity drops off to the 690's. It drops off when the tank gauge goes under 1000 psi. Evidence, I believe, that my reg is set at 1000 psi. I'd like to be shooting at around 870 again.

No amount of spring, hammer distance, or valve port adjustments will increase that velocity. I would prefer to adjust my original regulator, rather than buy a HUMA for example. I've posted a picture of the reg and all there is for adjustment is a loose fitting threaded plastic plug that is not in contact with anything and does not seem to be doing anything. Is this an adjustable screw that just backed out from it's original position?

If I get a HUMA made for the Marauder (it does not specifically say the F&T Marauder) with the gauge port, which I know only reads the reg not the tank, is it a drop in part for that gun with maybe a few spacers needed to align the gauge hole to the opening in the tube? Thanks for any replies!

EB78EE4D-FD18-4BA1-A846-B5831048217E.1634080090.jpeg

My post is above and I have another question that maybe someone can answer. The model of my Marauder is BP1764R. On the Crossman site under owners manuals/ parts for Benjamin rifles there are listings for the BP1764S and BP1764W, the synthetic and wood versions of the non regulated Marauder. There is no listing for the R version which I assume is the regulated version. Entry level or not, there should be a little more customer support on their part.