Adjustable shim close range zero

Planning on buying fx impact m3 compact. I know fx is for long range. I want to use this indoor range which is 10 yards. I am so worried about the bore to scope height that I will definitely need tilt the scope. Is there a acope that has a ton of elevation to be able to do close close shots. Or is there a mount with a ton of rear ring raising height. Or should I just shim?

Planning on buying fx impact m3 compact. I know fx is for long range. I want to use this indoor range which is 10 yards. I am so worried about the bore to scope height that I will definitely need tilt the scope. Is there a acope that has a ton of elevation to be able to do close close shots. Or is there a mount with a ton of rear ring raising height. Or should I just shim?
Buy inf adjustable rings by eagle vision! You won’t regret it

I believe the M3 already has 20 MOA of tilt in the rail. Have you played around with a ballistics app to get an idea of how far you might be off with the pellet weight and speed you want to shoot?

You won't know your scope height until you set it up to your liking but you could get an idea of a range of adjustment you might need.
The extra moa is mostly for long shots and helps prevent a shooter’s scope from running out of vertical adjustments

My Impact MK II .22 cal. hits about 1.25" LOW (3.5 mil) at 10 meters when sighted in for a 25/50 yd zero. That's with 25.39 gr & 18.13 gr. pellets going about 940 fps.. The scope height is 2.75". I use mil dot hold over so can't say what affect that would have with dialing for a crosshair hold.

are you also doing outside stuff ? Or longer range stuff at a later date ? why an Impact ? lot of less fussy guns like a Brocock . just asking is all .

I’ve never been a fan shimming. It might accomplish what you’re attempting to do but it is trying to bend the scope tube. In actuallity the tube might be too strong and the short distance between the rings doesn’t allow it to actually bend but I can’t confirm that.
Depending on what material the shim is made of, the clamping might not get the designed 360° clamping action for the width of the ring so that might mean the scope could move under recoil. On a PCP, at least to around .30 caliber, recoil is about negligible. On a springer, that would be a different story.
My Evol and Paradigm have something like 20 or 25 minutes on the pic rail so I had to use FX adjustable rings so I could get my zero where I wanted it. The downside, it raises the rings up some but my cheekpiece is adjustable so not a deal killer.

On one of my rifles I plink with I will occasionally shoot in the basement at about 9 meters. The POA and POI are off. And I can’t crank the elevation to correct it enough so I just leave it alone and I have targets I make where I draw a reticle for aiming and then a small circle above it that I know is the correct offset that the pellet lands in for observing a group.

Reactions: Airgun Al