• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Adjustable Scope mounts. Windage and Elevation ?

Check if Burris males an offset one piece mount with their XTR insert system. You would just need a dovetail to picatinny adapter.

Also check what Eagle Vision has.
They are good, but with those eccentric ring inserts it is tricky and time consuming to zero. I did that on a Mexican Mauser sporter I picked up that had been drilled and tapped, had a picatinny rail and did not want that so went with some individual bases then Leupold scope, cannot remember which model at the moment, but did not have enough adjustment in the scope to bore sight it. One set of holes was not aligned with the other so the scope sat tilted to one side and slightly canted. My gunsmith modified one set of bases so that the rings aligned much better but not perfect and that is when I got a set of the Burris XTR rings and some of the eccentric inserts. using them I actually bore sighted it or rather using a laser sighter adjusted the scope after recentering the reticule.

For an airgun, a Diana 54 pro sport that shot to one side and low, again could not zero the scope, I got a set of sportsmatch adjustable rings, the two piece model. I tried a one piece set on another gun and it is more difficult to adjust, but with either it takes time and a lot of little adjustments.

I've got a set of FX's, honestly, not impressed for several reasons, the fit & finish is..not up to FX's normal fit and the darn things are off, can't tell exactly were but I can't get any of my scopes to work with them, switched to some UTG's 34mm QD's and at least they work. I do have a pair of Eagle Visons on another scope/gun and love them. Funny story, I was trying to buy more but couldn't find their website, tried just now and....it came up.

The only ones I've used are Burris XTR Signature. There are inserts you can change and/or rotate to adjust windage and elevation.

Picatinny only as far as I know.
I used a set of those Burris rings to correct misaligned scope bases on a Mexican Mauser. I could not bore sight a new leupold scope. Recentered the scope and with the eccentric rings bore sighted it. The do take a lot of fiddling , trial and error but when you get very close tightnen down and zero using scope turrets with just a little adjustment. I think mine are sitting on a set of Leupold two piece bases.

On my airgun, a Diana 54 with misaligned barrel a set of SportsMatch fixed the problem, adjustable for windage and elevation, again takes a bit of trial and error using a couple of different size allen wrenches.

If you've been in this airgun hobby long enough, sooner or later, you'll need an adjustable mount.
I've tried all of them, Sportsmatch, Burris, B-Square.

Sportsmatch by far is my favorite go to...but over time, those windage adjustment pointed screws tend to deform and mushroom out the cavity they screw into. And if you adjust the mount vertically (a lot), over time, the lock screw will bite into the vertical adjustment bolt and flatten out the head of the bolt. Even with all these issues, it's still the best out there.

The Burris comes in at a close second because if you don't know what you are doing, it's very easy to bend your scope tube with the Burris product.

Someone already commented on the B-Square product. I agreed with what was said...little tiny screws and hard to adjust and the collar with the divot that tilts the scope mount is very easy to break if you tighten it the wrong way.

Here's a cheap DIY alternative that I discovered 2-3 years ago. Technically it's not an adjustable scope mount, it's an adjustable riser mount.

I hesitate to post it again because I got flamed last time I posted this idea as it needed some modifications. But I've grown thicker skin since that posting.

The vertically adjustable part of the riser has grooves to ensure the front and back part of your scope moves up the same amount. To modify this riser mount for droop, file off all the grooves on the adjustable part of the mount so that you can angle your scope up or down. If you need windage adjustment, shim either the front or rear screws that secure the vertical adjustment for left or right windage adjustment. Once you get a rough zero, you have the option of a few dabs of epoxy to secure the mount vertically and windage wise. If you use the right amount of epoxy, the process is reversible (except for the grooves you filed off) if you change gun, scope, decrease your power etc. if not, buy two, at $19 they are not that expensive.

Good luck.

Last edited: