• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Adjustable scope mounts on a springer?

Getting ready every spring is always a few steps forward then one or two back and the occasional do-over....

HAve a set of FX adjustable mounts. They put me on almost on target just from the adjustments in the mount. But as I put shots thru the TX200, they'd move and the gun would start shooting low, slowly walking down the target face.

Is there a trick to getting them to NOT shift on a spring gun?? found Ted's vid on how to set them, but that was on a PCP. Love the idea of these mounts, as they save almost all the "clicks" for elevation.

TIA
dan

Clean the clamping surfaces thoroughly of any oil and apply a thin film of threadlocker or bearing compound. Tighten them up and let everything sit for at least 24 hours. Longer, preferably…anodized aluminum is classified as an inactive material so it takes longer for an anaerobic threadlocker to cure than it would for, say, steel or zinc-plated steel.

Unless they have changed their manufacturing design FX No Limits used to have a threaded hole for a stop pin, M4/7 I think. Find one at a hardware store or a Fastenal.
Otherwise although a bit pricey, Sports Match Rings are superior in everyway on a springer. And they come with a stop pin.
Stop pins stop all that walking nonsense.
Another option would be a stop pin block, a little block that mounts on the dovetail and has a stop pin in it and you just mount rear scope ring up against it.

Kit

Getting ready every spring is always a few steps forward then one or two back and the occasional do-over....

HAve a set of FX adjustable mounts. They put me on almost on target just from the adjustments in the mount. But as I put shots thru the TX200, they'd move and the gun would start shooting low, slowly walking down the target face.

Is there a trick to getting them to NOT shift on a spring gun?? found Ted's vid on how to set them, but that was on a PCP. Love the idea of these mounts, as they save almost all the "clicks" for elevation.

TIA
dan
Hi Dan
See post #24

Hope that helps.

Those 34 mm adjustable mounts are like unicorns. I think your best bet is an adjustable riser mount.

Edited:
I'm sure you have. BUT in case you haven't, check stock screws and do a box test on the scope. Even sub 12 FPE...those springer recoil can do funny things to screws and scopes. Oh and chrono the gun.

Last edited:

TIA
dan
Are the rings moving in the dovetail, or is the elevation adjustment in the ring moving? I'm a little surprised if it's the latter, but if so, then a some medium strength locking compound might be needed, although I hate to use the stuff.