• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Adjustable power recommendations...

Just a few short months ago I purchased a Marauder Woods Walker pistol. Added an HF barrel and adjusted for more power, shoots really well now but I only get 12 low ES shots. I then purchased a Crosman Challenger PCP CH2009 and kept it stock because I can fire off many rounds on a 2000 PSI fill, is scary accurate -- even for a noob like me, fun. By the way I use a PCP hand pump because the nearest fill station is miles away.

Fast forward to today, I want something new, higher end. I think I'm leaning towards adjustable power because I spend most of my time in my indoor 10m range and will one day like to do some field target stuff. I like the idea of more air capacity, please keep in mind I still use a hand pump. I also like to take my rifles apart so I'm hoping for something as easy as a Marauder to field strip and maintain. Can I keep it under 1500.00?

Any recommendations for an adjustable power, accurate, good shot capacity air rifle?

Yes both those recommendations are what I am looking for. Thank you!

Man I really like the looks of the Mutant. Just curious on a fill how many "good" shots are you getting? Can't seem to find the data on this, I assume Taipan is more of a boutique brand that deals in smaller quantities, did that affect your decision?

Also the AA S510 carbine is impressive. 80 shot per fill is awesome. I really dig the convenient adjustable air component on this rifle, this is really great. Does accuracy change in the lower velocities? Is there a sweet spot?

At high power, 28-30 FPE, I can get over 70 good shoots. On low power, <12 FPE, I haven't shot enough yet to get a good count, but I'm guessing well over 100 shots. And it's a tack driver on either low or high power.

What sold me on the Mutant was Ernest Rowe's opinion of it. He's highly thought of in the air gun community. Plus lots of other good things said here and on other forums about the gun. It's relatively new here, but it's been available in Europe for about 4-5 years I think.