ADJUSTABLE PELLET SIZER STAINLESS STEEL

I want to know, is this used to correct the size of the bullet?
1543682714_13027902495c02ba9a6c7994.58100808_Screenshot_2018-12-02-00-42-38-562_com.android.ch...png
1543682725_18452375775c02baa5898368.10041005_Screenshot_2018-12-02-00-41-51-443_com.android.ch...png

I'll be interested in what you think Glem. I have the pelletgage but the majority of the MK II's are 6.37 so I quit LOL. The one you are getting will only do the head not the entire pellet If I understand correctly.

I'm hoping the depth can be adjusted and you can size the whole thing possibly, maybe I'm wrong. I got it to size Piledriver's a bit smaller and possibly some slugs.

I have both the pellet gage and the TRRobb design sizer shown. Both are very handy. The nice thing about the sizer is you can adjust it for depth which will size a head down (down only in size) and simultaneously flare and round skirt to maintain head/skirt size relationship since the bore is tapered. It does not have depth settings so getting the depth just right takes a few trials but once set it does seem to function consistently. I made a couple of modifications to my sizer. I removed the adjustable center piece that sets depth/diameter and made the flat end of it slightly cupped. The flat end was noted by some folks to cause flat spots on the top of some pellet heads during sizing and this minor modification does seem to lessen that. It won't be a perfect match for every head shape but it should be better for most pellets than simply flat. I also placed some insulation material into the two side retaining screw holes and packed it to the bottom. That lets the screws tighten to a solid point while allowing a longer range of adjustment of depth while keeping it feeling very solid overall once tightened.

Lots of debate over whether sizing/sorting/weighing can help accuracy but seems to me it certainly cannot hurt. And both of these items certainly seem to help in that process.

Nihau 928487381. I have used the sizer, the gauge and scales. All three work, but I cannot prove that they make a significant difference to my scores. I guess that by using all three to prepare my pellets they might possibly increase my score by a point or two. 

Because I use a break barrel FWB Sport in competitions the accessory that I have found to be the most useful is the T R Robb pellet seating tool. I am unsure if the adjustable seating tool is still sold, however you can find others which are not adjustable sold by companies such as Tin Bum Tuning in the UK

I hope that this helps.

Richardo, 

The Pelletgage will ONLY measure the headsize of a pellet, not the skirt. The skirts of a pellet are so much larger than the headsize, the apertures on the Pelletgage are not large enough to measure that. You can establish skirt size by rolling them, which I describe in one of my videos on my Field Target Tech channel. And yes, the TR Robb pellet sizer is still available, in many larger calibers as well.

Tom Holland 

Hi Tom. Many thanks for the clarification. However I respectfully disagree with you when it comes to .177. In my experience the multi holes on the .177 pellet gage do allow you to measure the skirt size also. With the gage I own there is sufficient quantity and variance in the number and sizes of the gage’s sizing holes to allow smaller skirts to pass completely through (the gauge), or to prevent over size skirts from passing through the gauge.

Richardo,

You may be correct depending on the pellet that you are measuring, but that is not the norm. I measure H&N pellets almost exclusively, and all models, (Sniper lights, Sniper Mediums, Barracuda FT's, and Field Target Trophy), and all these models measure through the largest of apertures on the Pelletgage. This physically leaves no apertures left to measure the head size. I have also found that JSB Exacts, and Air Arms a little smaller in head size, but the apertures are still too small to measure skirt size.

I guess you have found the pellet that works for you, if I had to guess, on the smaller size on the Pelletgage, allowing you to use the larger apertures to measure skirt size as well. Good for you, good luck, hope it keeps working for you, but keep in mind, yours is a rare case. This is definitely not the norm, and I'd like to hear from others that can have this same thing apply to their pellet sorting regimen as well.......I find that all this stuff so interesting, and I think the only thing holding most guns back, in accuracy is the pellet. Anything and everything we can do to squeeze whatever accuracy we can out of our individual rigs is worth it. 

Tom Holland 

I agree with Richardo as to the pelletgage being ABLE to measure skirt size but it doesn't seem it was originally intended for that. To measure head size you would start at the smallest diameter and move up until the pellet falls through. That measures head size. But if you started at the largest diameter and moved downward, that should measure skirt size (assuming that skirt is flared and larger than head size and also that it isn't larger than the largest PG diameter). Clear as mud, isn't it?