• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Adjustable objective on Hawke Airmax 4-12x40 very difficult to move

I got a Hawke 4-12x40 AO for my new Air Arms TX200 from Pyramyd yesterday and I find the adjustable objective is very difficult to turn. I have to literally take my whole right hand to turn it. Its even more difficult with my left hand - arthritic thumb joint. I'm assuming it will get a bit easier with use - but, how much easier. I don't know if there's anything to be done about this. Any suggestions?

I have the same problem with mine,too hard to turn,been using it awhile and has not become any easier...

I have seen this problem before and it was the large rubber Oring that got twisted on the AO threads.. I really do not know if that is the case with this Hawke scope....I will find out,just not for the next couple of days....I think for now I will just see if I can get some Rem Oil in the treads....

Well I've decided to replace the scope. I've sent an email to Pyramyd to make sure I can return it since it has been mounted. And - it was bought as a part of the package deal for the Air Arms TX200 they offer. Hopefully, I can return the scope because I'm sure not returning the rifle and mount. If I can't return it, Hawke may replace it too - that's an option. If I get no joy from either Pyramyd or Hawke then I'll just list it for sale since there's nothing wrong other than the adjustable objective is too stiff for me to use with my arthritic left thumb.

The Hawke rep offered to have me send the scope to them for review but, given that so many others have had the same issue, I'm thinking a stiff objective (although surely not as stiff as mine) is normal. I've had Hawke scopes over the years including their highest end models and I don't remember that being an issue. Of course I didn't have this thumb issue then either. With that being said, I returned the scope to Pyramyd this morning for a refund. I have purchased a Sightron Field Target series scope to replace it. I have one of these on a high-end .22 and like it. The objective on that one is easy to move.