• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Additionnal Disco barrel band: yeah or nay

I have a month old Discovery and it shoots groups that I am very satisfied with but am having and issue with poi shifts with the gun the scope is tight and has a very good history of holding zero.. It is an AO scope so not believing it is shifting because of the optics. The shifts are relatively small like 1 to 1 1/2 inches at 30 yards but enough to be very frustrating. The gun will shoot 10 shot groups basically into one hole at that distance but I am using it for a tractor gun and in the scabbard it might be off when I pull it out or right on. On the bench the tale is told though that this shifting is an ongoing issue.

Having said that is an extra barrel band going to help? or is there another solution...

For your particular use "I" would add a band ( or 2 ) but first you need to figure out the shift.
Esp. if you've never had it apart that TINY breech screw may not really be tight? Some rock on the transfer port, do check this and do clamp or at least grab and compress the receiver/breech/air tube when removing and installing so the screw doesn't strip and is actually tight when reinstalled. 
That is the most common cause of poi shift on those but it could be something else. Once fixed even three barrel bands might be nice if really beating it a bit sometimes.
John

"spysir"For your particular use "I" would add a band ( or 2 ) but first you need to figure out the shift.
Esp. if you've never had it apart that TINY breech screw may not really be tight? Some rock on the transfer port, do check this and do clamp or at least grab and compress the receiver/breech/air tube when removing and installing so the screw doesn't strip and is actually tight when reinstalled. 
That is the most common cause of poi shift on those but it could be something else. Once fixed even three barrel bands might be nice if really beating it a bit sometimes.
John
Thanks, I will give it a try with one extra barrel band to start and tightening the screw you are talking about.. Yeah I am a little hard on my guns, for years my scabbard gun was a Marlin bolt but since ammo is so hard to find and expensive I bought the Disco to replace the Marlin (which shot lights out by the way). That old Marlin looks rough but don't let looks fool you, I cut the barrel back at the receiver and then cut a Winchester 52 chamber on her as well as reworking the trigger and she shoots like a champ.. I was hoping the Disco would at least come close to the old guns performance...

I don't think air guns are very suitable for bouncing about on tractors. The bbls are not attached as solidly as rifles and are much more likely to shift point of aim. My Marauder is particularly bad. I have found that something as simple as leaning it against a wall will cause a shift. 22 rim fire is slowly coming back so that would be my suggestion.