Additional filter for GX CS4?

For diving use you might consider a filter that uses a molecular sieve. Air tanks for sale carries two different ones and amazon and ebay have some chinese units as well.
Moisture in scuba, depending on the water temp you’re diving, can cause a freeflow where the excess moisture that accumulates in your first or second stage or both freezes your reg in the open position as a result of adiabatic cooling.
YMMV.

If you are considering using it for breathable air at some point, I would just get this filter and be done with it. I don't have one, as I use a Shoebox with all my drying after the shop compressor prior to entering the Shoebox, but if I had one of these "all in one" compressors this is the filter (and spare cartridges) I would buy: https://nuvair.com/personal-filter-din.html

Reactions: rcs9250
Hello All,
I recently ordered a GX CS4. I wish I could have found the model with the internal power set up but oh well. I’m wondering if it’s necessary to add additional filtration to the air line. I might buy a small SCUBA tank for diving, and if I fill that up I’ll definitely get a more elaborate filtration set up.
Thanks
Hello All,
I recently ordered a GX CS4. I wish I could have found the model with the internal power set up but oh well. I’m wondering if it’s necessary to add additional filtration to the air line. I might buy a small SCUBA tank for diving, and if I fill that up I’ll definitely get a more elaborate filtration set up.
Thanks
i just purchased an Alpha filter from Joe Brancato, Airtanksforsale.com. After the ones I returned from Amazon due to the fact that they have no bleed off/drain. I’ve used it in conjunction with my GX CS4 pump and works flawlessly. IMOP it’s worth the extra $ for this filter. Also if you are going to fill a gun directly from the filter you’ll need an air bleeder as well. Hope this helps

If you are considering using it for breathable air at some point, I would just get this filter and be done with it. I don't have one, as I use a Shoebox with all my drying after the shop compressor prior to entering the Shoebox, but if I had one of these "all in one" compressors this is the filter (and spare cartridges) I would buy: https://nuvair.com/personal-filter-din.html

Any idea what the max working pressure is for that filter? The website does not say.