Adding an Arca Rail for almost any gun with or without a section of Picatinny rail or M-Lok slots

I have some that fit on all of the following rifles, none which cost me more than $70 and some were under $10. They are all very stable. I used to use M-Lok rails but changed over on every gun to standard camera Arca rails screwed either directly to the stock for some or onto a Picatinny to Arca adapter plate that costs $17 to $20 delivered. The location for M-Loc Arca rails on every gun I own is way too far forward to use on a tripod. I like it back near the trigger if possible for better balance. There is a very wide range of length on the Arca rails for cameras which is not the case for M-Lok Arca stuff, plus the cost is usually quite a bit less and they fit onto the adapters better and more securely.
  • FX M3
  • Uragan 2
  • RTI Prophet II
  • Factor RC
  • Beeman 2027
  • Benjamin P-Rod
  • Gauntlet 30
  • Hatsan Blitz 22 and 30 cal
Still working on a small one for my Notos that will be screwed onto an adapter that clamps on the air cylinder.

I also changed the Picatinny clamp on my only bipod over to Arca Rail. Now every gun I own fits every tripod I own and those setup for a bipod will also work with the Arca topped bipod with no adapters needed. More photos and specifics coming soon.

This is one I made for my FX M3 using a shortened Picatinny to Arca adapter and an 8" Arca rail. The Arca rail attaches to the Arca to Picatinny adapter using standard 1/4-20 camera attachment screws that come with every Arca rail. of which I have plenty of extras. If you need more you can buy extras for small change. Use a 1/4-20 to 3/8-16 thread adapter to attach the Picatinny to Arca adapter to the Arca rail. The two 1/4-20 screws will hold it tightly and centered left to right with the rail I used.

1687837665250.png

1687838062330.png

Last edited:
Sunwayfoto makes a lot of good arca adapters for guns. They have the male-male kinds, like in your photo:

s-l500.jpg

But they also have the female-female kinds, useful for attaching flashlights to tripids, etc.
s-l1600.jpg

They also have the long m-lok versions, good if you have a long section of m-lok on the bottom of your barrel.
s-l1600 (1).jpg

These Sunway Photo items are available at B&H and also e-bay.

The Sunwayfoto adapter is well made from what I can see. What the "Zelnoox" offers that the Sunwayfoto does not, is instant attachment of an extended Arca camera rail that goes out under the bottle, for bipod use or to rest on a bag, with no need to drill any holes in any of the parts, plus it is half the cost (I paid $17 delivered) of the Sunwayfoto.

The only negative on the Zelnoox (Where do they come up with some of these bizarre brand names?) is that the screw threads will contact the bottom of the slots on some Pic rails that have more shallow slots in them (non Picatinny standard). I turn the threads down for those so they won't damage the anodizing on the rail. I also like the flexibility of three screws which allows you to remove up to 2 of the three to fit shorter rails or rails with fewer slots. It is nice to be able to add a bipod rail or extended front rest support from a few inches up to over a foot long to any of the Pic to Arca adapters with just a couple of 1/4-20 camera plate screws as shown in my original post.

1687841478169.png

Here is an 8" Arca rail mounted on the Pic to Arca adapter on an RTI Prophet 2.

1687843146864.png

Here is the shortened version on an M3. The factory Pic rail on an FX M3 is so worthless and flimsy, if you add an Arca rail extension to the Pic to Arca adapter, it might bend the pic rail if too much pressure is applied, so I only use it for mounting to a tripod.

1687843423262.png