• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Actual Shot Count Impact Compact 22 300cc Bottle?

Hey wanting to get some feedback from actual users. What kinds of shot counts are you guys getting with an FX Impact M3 Compact in 22 cal? Planning to shoot Hades and light slugs both in the range of 900-1050fps. My setup will be stock other than a Huma pin probe and Huma transferport. If I can Id like to run the lighter 300cc bottle on this one, since its so much lighter. Thanks

I don't have an M3. But when I got my .22 compact MKII I was getting about a 108 shots with the factory tune, shooting 18.13 in the 890's. At one point I ran the reg at about 80bar (factory was 100) I was about to get the same fps and and about 20 more shots.

Just this year I upgraded MKII with the power block, 720 plenum, internal, and all. And I lowered my reg pressure and tuned to see just how many shots I could get at 900fps and I was about to shoot about 6 mags before having to refill.

If you were to run say 23gr slugs at 1000fps, you'd probably get about 60-70 shots before having to refill.

I don't have an M3. But when I got my .22 compact MKII I was getting about a 108 shots with the factory tune, shooting 18.13 in the 890's. At one point I ran the reg at about 80bar (factory was 100) I was about to get the same fps and and about 20 more shots.

Just this year I upgraded MKII with the power block, 720 plenum, internal, and all. And I lowered my reg pressure and tuned to see just how many shots I could get at 900fps and I was about to shoot about 6 mags before having to refill.

If you were to run say 23gr slugs at 1000fps, you'd probably get about 60-70 shots before having to refill.
Id be using Nielsen 17.5 grain slugs at whatever speed they are accurate. But my focus is the 15.89 grain Hades.

Id be using Nielsen 17.5 grain slugs at whatever speed they are accurate. But my focus is the 15.89 grain Hades.
In my experience nielsens will be accurate from 800-1050fps but that also depends on whether or not your liner likes them. I've never had a gun that liked .22 hades for some reason, but I've had great experiences shooting 15.89 pellets AA and jsb variants going anywhere from 850-945fps.

Honestly if your impact is doing 32ftlbs out of the box like mine was, you may be fine to shoot the nielsens.

Reactions: MongooseV8
In my experience nielsens will be accurate from 800-1050fps but that also depends on whether or not your liner likes them. I've never had a gun that liked .22 hades for some reason, but I've had great experiences shooting 15.89 pellets AA and jsb variants going anywhere from 850-945fps.

Honestly if your impact is doing 32ftlbs out of the box like mine was, you may be fine to shoot the nielsens.
I already know this liner does well with both, I have had it in other setups and it has been fantastic. My fps expectations are more based on shot count. I have a 580cc and 480cc bottle but they are like 9-14oz heavier than a 300cc bottle. Im trying to build this Impact to be a better walk around setup and need to shed as much weight as reasonable. :ninja:

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I already know this liner does well with both, I have had it in other setups and it has been fantastic. My fps expectations are more based on shot count. I have a 580cc and 480cc bottle but they are like 9-14oz heavier than a 300cc bottle. Im trying to build this Impact to be a better walk around setup and need to shed as much weight as reasonable. :ninja:
What scope are you using? The question is for weight purposes.

What scope are you using? The question is for weight purposes.
An Arken EPL4. Id love to have something lighter but there arent many scopes that have as many fancy features as this one (for the ounces). Also have an Olight Baldr Pro R on the side which is another ~4.5oz. I can get it down to 8lbs or maybe just under if a 300cc bottle will be enough air. I think 3 mags worth would be my breaking point. Shoot 2 mags and refill air.

An Arken EPL4. Id love to have something lighter but there arent many scopes that have as many fancy features as this one (for the ounces). Also have an Olight Baldr Pro R on the side which is another ~4.5oz. I can get it down to 8lbs or maybe just under if a 300cc bottle will be enough air. I think 3 mags worth would be my breaking point. Shoot 2 mags and refill air.
Are they features that you particularly need or use? I run a vector veyron 3-12x44 on my edgun classic 25, it weighs 16oz and it's only about 9.5inches long. If you're looking for that 6-24 zoom and the IR I would look at the vector veyron 6-24x44 IR, weighing in at 20.6oz and measuring 11.7in it has a nice center dot that illuminates.

I can't imagine you get anything less than 4 mags at least not for about 32ftlbs, specially having the dual reg m3

Yes unfortunately I want everything the EPL4 has. Illumination, close distance parallax adjustment, reticle choice, good turrets, 4x zoom, good low light glass, etc. There are other options that are a couple ounces lighter but they are too expensive for me. This will be used almost exclusively for low light conditions, going for tree rats and skunks or other nocturnal pests. And if I can lose the weight elsewhere thats my goal. Same accessories on my tube version Wildcat weighed right at 8Lbs but ended up being very top heavy and unbalanced. The Impact is much better feeling even at its current 8.75Lbs, but I would like to trim it down some more.

Thanks everyone for your responses :cool: (y)

Reactions: JaceSpace1369