• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Action side left or right ? (Right hand shooter)

Im a right hand shooter and ordered a RAW in 25 LH Action and totally love it, don't have to reposition cheek weld or grip.

I also have an Edgun which is dual sided but really only use the left cocking bolt.

When I was competing in centrefire field rifle LH shooters with right hand actions had a good advantage especially in prone, I really like the whole idea!

Jacko

Hi!

I have an Uragan where you can choose left or right. I thought that as a right-handed shooter that the lever on the left would be good, turns out I steady the butt of the gun with my left hand on the bag and butt, and rotate my trigger hand to the lever to cock without changing my line of sight through the scope, cocking left-handed means moving my position or keeping my hand on the lever.

I think it's about preference and comfort at the end of the day so no real correct answer. I shoot 90% of the time from a bench with bipod and bag so I am definitely biased towards this aspect.

Lever on the left side for a right hand shooter. ✔️

🔶To me it's easier to let go of the forestock and then grip it again (that I hold with a plain & simple grip) — than to untangle my fingers from the trigger and pistol grip, and then to thread my fingers back into their respective positions....

🔶Wonder who came up with the tradition to place the lever on the right side?? —

Is that an unhelpful tradition we airgunners inherited from the powder burners? Or is there some other background info I'm lacking due to my ignorance...? 🙄 Or do I clearly have weird fingers like few other people...? 🙄

Matthias