• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Acquired holy grail number 2.

Tom told me it is a .2175 1:18 twist , so not a LW.
So probably a TJ! Both the TJ and LW poly non-choked (have a poly in my RAW & a TJ in my Raptor both in .22) are exceptional .22 barrels in my humble opinion especially for both pellets and slugs 👍. Have fun sniping/shooting both of your amazing Evols! 🤗

• Love
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
@CTairgunner1288 I do not know if needing a heavier slug is required in those PRS matches you are looking into, but plugging the spec numbers for the Nielsen 35.0 grainers into the Kolbe ballistics calculator came out nearly perfect on stability with that Evol barrel. These particular slugs have a long nose and relatively short shank, similar to the length of shank in the lighter weight Javelin slugs and other lighter Nielsen slugs. Therefore, the 35.0's have similar bearing surface area in contact with the rifling, but more weight and length, subsequent high bc, and possibly even better stability at longer ranges. They're worth checking out in the HPS.

Screenshot_20230526-053450~2.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
@CTairgunner1288 I do not know if needing a heavier slug is required in those PRS matches you are looking into, but plugging the spec numbers for the Nielsen 35.0 grainers into the Kolbe ballistics calculator came out nearly perfect on stability with that Evol barrel. These particular slugs have a long nose and relatively short shank, similar to the length of shank in the lighter weight Javelin slugs and other lighter Nielsen slugs. Therefore, the 35.0's have similar bearing surface area in contact with the rifling, but more weight and length, subsequent high bc, and possibly even better stability at longer ranges. They're worth checking out in the HPS.

Thanks for that man! I have 17 to 25 gr nsa on the way in .217 and. 2175, I used the berger ballistics calculator and they all have a great stability factor too I'm gunna run those numbers for the 35 this morning

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
Thanks for that man! I have 17 to 25 gr nsa on the way in .217 and. 2175, I used the berger ballistics calculator and they all have a great stability factor too I'm gunna run those numbers for the 35 this morning
Somehow the link to the form turned into this, so click on it to get the calculator:

Few weeks ago I scored an evol mini , loved it so much.....

...that...

...This showed up at work today

Peri and I took it out this afternoon to zero and test.

The opened up group is h&n 23 gr .218, this could be competitive in prs, that group is 75 yards , 9 rounds.

The small group were monster redesigns at 50 yards for 2 mags, i didn't even bother shooting further after that, peri was getting restless and she hadn't eaten yet.

I'm gunna do a whole bunch more testing.

This rifle is just as disgustingly sick as the mini, far lighter than it looks and aside from the grip which I hate, it's very easy to shoot.

I have been bit by the evol bug and I can only wonder what's up from here ? 🤔

View attachment 358771

View attachment 358772

View attachment 358773

View attachment 358774

View attachment 358775
You need to complete the trifecta of Holy Grails and get that .22 Paradigm in the classifieds.

Looks beautiful. I do agree that grip is to big, and I have big hands. Also if you want to lighten it up more that PRS stock is pretty hefty. I mean like 1/2 the weight of the gun heavy.
Have fun, hope it serves you well.
Thanks man, I am loving it! the rifle is a shooter with 25.39 monster redesigns! I hope the Huben is treating you well!!! The HPS will be getting my MDT skeleton stock once it arrives I believe. I have changed out the grip to an MDT FDE Elite grip since this post.
352514707_577528431173033_7048696722677792162_n.jpg
352421908_965906707887573_2085979748943483965_n.jpg

You need to complete the trifecta of Holy Grails and get that .22 Paradigm in the classifieds.

I am torn on which evol will get my next purchase, whether it be the 15" .30 cal magnon or a .30 paradigm.... I would love to have at least 1 paradigm in my collection!