N/A Accurate CO2 Rifle

I am selling most of my air pistols and buying a few air rifles that do not recoil. It will only be shot at targets under 25 yards, so accuracy is more important than power. I have ordered a CMP Daisy853 which is a single pump, but I also want a CO2. I don't want an all-out target rifle with all of the adjustments, but I do want accuracy. I would get a Daisy 887 but there are no places near me that fill rechargeable cylinders. I see the Beeman QB Deluxe is a sporter type stock CO2 rifle with very mixed reviews online. I would appreciate any comments anyone may have about the accuracy of this rifle, compared perhaps to the Daisy 753/853.

Good questions.

Do you plan to use a scope or peep sights? The AR2078 is a QB78 platform with peeps and a better stock.

I've had the chance to work with / on a few QB78s and found them to be worth the effort. But... As they come out of the box they need a little finishing. Sharp edges need to be dressed and the gas port in the barrel needs to be de-burred for the best accuracy. Cleaning the barrel thoroughly is needed as well. The Deluxe also needs an added cheek-piece for a consistent cheek-weld. Trigger adjustment is easy and it's done in minutes. If you're not concerned with power, you can dial them back a little and get more shots from a pair of cartridges.

All that said, the .22 Deluxe that I have shoots into less than a quarter-inch at ten yards with Crosman premier hollow points. A friend's .177 does the same with Crosman destroyers and Daisy wadcutters. Here are a few photos.

P5050084.JPG

P5030085.JPG

Cheers,

J~

+1 to what SD posted and seen many happy customers post about Mike's XS60C. You might give Mike a call and see what he says:

I am selling most of my air pistols and buying a few air rifles that do not recoil. It will only be shot at targets under 25 yards, so accuracy is more important than power. I have ordered a CMP Daisy853 which is a single pump, but I also want a CO2. I don't want an all-out target rifle with all of the adjustments, but I do want accuracy. I would get a Daisy 887 but there are no places near me that fill rechargeable cylinders. I see the Beeman QB Deluxe is a sporter type stock CO2 rifle with very mixed reviews online. I would appreciate any comments anyone may have about the accuracy of this rifle, compared perhaps to the Daisy 753/853.
Hey sjs,
Do you plan or want to work on the gun yourself?
The QB78 platform is relatively inexpensive and can be made quite good especially at 25 yards.
However, the may need a little barrel/trigger work for them to be very nice.

Assuming you want to buy a QB78, do this work yourself or send it to Jason (Nervoustrigger).
They are best attaching a HPA tank which is regulated, but then you'll need a pump (no more Co2 cylinders :) ).

AR2079-A .177 cal2.jpg

QB79 Pics.jpg

Hey sjs,
Do you plan or want to work on the gun yourself?
The QB78 platform is relatively inexpensive and can be made quite good especially at 25 yards.
However, the may need a little barrel/trigger work for them to be very nice.

Assuming you want to buy a QB78, do this work yourself or send it to Jason (Nervoustrigger).
They are best attaching a HPA tank which is regulated, but then you'll need a pump (no more Co2 cylinders :) ).

View attachment 440212

View attachment 440213
Are the cylinders refilled with air or co2? I'm not sure if it makes a difference but as a kid in NY I couldn't use Co2 guns for easily a third of year. It'd be too cold and power and shot count went down terribly. The never ending cost of cylinders and the variance in power prevented me from ever entertaining the idea of Co2 power since. I'd do PCP before I went Co2 because temps vary wildly here in Arkansas. Two days ago it was 25f at 7AM and 66f by 2:30PM.

If power isn't important and accuracy at short range is important, a 177 Hw30 should fit the bill. Quarter inch at 10 yards is a given and a nine year old girl can cock them. Plus they're no slouch out to 30 yards. They're just not powerful enough for pesting anything but small birds at that range.

Not to derail the thread, I'm just trying to learn for myself and give the OP some food for thought.

Reactions: sekiar and sjs
Not sure how the daisy880 cylinders are fillled, but with the right fitting you may be able to do it yourself with a 5 or 10 lb bulk CO2 tank. You can get those at a local welding gas supplier. I use one to fill the cylinder on my FWB model2 pistol. Pretty simple and I would think the Daisy would fill similarly.

Reactions: sjs and Treefrog
+1 to what SD posted and seen many happy customers post about Mike's XS60C. You might give Mike a call and see what he says:
Mike has some converted over to PCP, if you didn't want to go co2

Screenshot_20240227_164521_Chrome~2.jpg

Reactions: sjs
I reread the original post. It mentioned non recoiling and 25 yards. I'll reiterate that a Hw30 is probably worth considering. They're very accurate at 25 yards. I have three 177 HW30S if you include my wife's. All of them will normally print under a half inch at 25 yards and there's no appreciable recoil. They're roughly 7 or 8 fpe guns. Very enjoyable to shoot and require nothing but pellets.

Are the cylinders refilled with air or co2? I'm not sure if it makes a difference but as a kid in NY I couldn't use Co2 guns for easily a third of year. It'd be too cold and power and shot count went down terribly. The never ending cost of cylinders and the variance in power prevented me from ever entertaining the idea of Co2 power since. I'd do PCP before I went Co2 because temps vary wildly here in Arkansas. Two days ago it was 25f at 7AM and 66f by 2:30PM.

If power isn't important and accuracy at short range is important, a 177 Hw30 should fit the bill. Quarter inch at 10 yards is a given and a nine year old girl can cock them. Plus they're no slouch out to 30 yards. They're just not powerful enough for pesting anything but small birds at that range.

Not to derail the thread, I'm just trying to learn for myself and give the OP some food for thought.
Yeah Ron,
The High Pressure Air (HPA) (213cc) bottle is (a paint ball bottle) pumped up like a PCP tank. It's also regulated which make it very consistent shot-to-shot until you go off the regulator. In .177 caliber I get about 70+ consistent shots before things drop off.
Very economical relative to Co2, but you need to buy a hand pump (HW90) or a machine. I usually have the regulator set at about 1400/1500 psi, so you can get up to 20+ FPE.

So I'm suggesting to modify the QB78 into a regulated HPA gun or PCP; moving away from the Co2.