• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Accuracy Results - My New Uragan .25 Custom - by Georgia Airguns

I recently started a post about buying my first airgun - a ,25 caliber AGT Uragan - that I bought from Charlie Frear, owner of Georgia Airguns. My post was mostly about getting information about air rifle do’s and don’t’s but I also talked some about Charlie and what led me to buy from him. Because of his patience, willingness to spend time with me, and his apparent desire to make his rifles as perfect as he can ... I decided to buy from him.

But, as they say, ‘the proof is in the pudding’. So, he’s been working on my Uragan .25 for several days now and I’m now posting about the accuracy results after Charlie completed his accurizing and tuning. The pics pretty much speak for themselves but I’ll make a few comments.

1595092530_17321288105f132e32bba204.61275491.jpeg
1595092530_10847283165f132e32dc5d56.24021492.jpeg
1595092531_8020364705f132e330dd234.18035979.jpeg

The first cardboard target is a group Charlie shot after tuning/accurizing but before shooting his formal test groups to determine what pellets would be the best for my Uragan. It was a windy day with a makeshift cardboard target and he still shot a 5 shot group all in one hole using 25.4 grain JSB King pellets @ 970 FPS. He was very excited when he called me about this yesterday afternoon and so was I. But, a little later yesterday afternoon he called and told me that he’d shot a group with a heavier pellet and it was also a 1 hole group almost as good as the 1st one.

This morning, probably early to catch lower wind conditions, Charlie shot his formal test targets. Honestly, I’d hoped to find maybe 1 light and 1 heavier pellet that my Uragan likes but - to have all 5 pellets tested shoot less than .50” CTC groups - borders on being unbelievable. And, a .17” CTC group is just ludicrous. All 5 of these groups, for pellets ranging from 25.4 gr to 34 gr were amazing. Basically, my Uragan will now shoot most anything you throw at it! The FPS numbers also surprised me. All pellets tested were basically about 900 FPS with the low shot being 893 FPS on a 34 gr pellet. I’m brand new to airguns but I didn’t expect the heavier pellets to shoot above 900 FPS.

My conclusion: Charlie Frear is a hell of a tuner!

I don’t see any way that my Uragan would have performed this way on 5 different pellets, lighter & heavier, with FPS in the high 900 range on the lighter pellets and in the low 900 range on the heavier pellets without some serious tuning work

It was just the luck of an internet search that got me to Charlie’s website and it turned out to be very good luck. Charlie is an excellent tuner but he’s also a very nice person and great to deal with. Plus, even though he spends a lot of time testing and tuning, his prices are very little more than the big stores charge for the basic airgun.

If you’re going to buy an air rifle, particularly an expensive one, I highly recommend that you give Charlie a call and see what he can do for you.

Griswald

Try the Fx Hybrid slugs, or maybe the NSA 26.8 grain. I tuned my Impact to shoot Hybrids @945, which in turn also has the Kings doing @980. I’m getting ragged hole, same point of impact between the Kings & Hybrids out to 23 yards, my backyard limit. I’ll be stretching it out next week.

Thanks Nathan -

I’ll sure put the FX Hybrid slugs and the NSA 26.8 grains on my list of pellets to try.

I’m going to have a lot of fun when it gets here and I appreciate the recommendations.

Thanks,

Griswald