Accuracy of the Cometa 400 Fenix in .177 @50m with JSB Exact and Heavy pellets

A friend of mine was recently shooting his Cometa 400 Fenix, with both JSB Exact (8.44gr) and Heavy (10.34gr) pellets, and decided to send me some results. This is what this spring-piston driven, break barrel airgun is capable of, from a distance of 13 and 50 meters:

400 groups.png

If memory serves, Cometa makes them for Air Force here in the US, but they call them the Model 94 and Model 95:

Reactions: Sqwirl57
If memory serves, Cometa makes them for Air Force here in the US, but they call them the Model 94 and Model 95:
I kinda want to give one a try now. I like the price tag...

Correct!
There is also a German company that goes by the name of "Tell", that makes exact Cometa rifle replicas under their own brand.

And of course, there are also the RWS 92 & 93 ( Cometa's models 200 and 300), that are esentially Cometa rifles from the 90's.

I kinda want to give one a try now. I like the price tag...
If you're already going to go and grab one, I may suggest to get the Galaxy version with synthetic stock instead of the Standard, or for that matter the USC, or the Premier versions with wooden stocks, because the varnish on these versions' stocks is quite fragile and you will most certainly dent or imprint it, sooner or later. The problem is that the reflection of light, off the dent is quite pronounced; Plus, the wood makes the whole gun heavier, which is already 3.4 kg without the scope. I'd grab the one with the synthetic stock (the Galaxy model) and that'd be it... and if the gun would feel out of balance, I'd put a thick bag of sand into the hollow portion of the stock's rear.