• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Accuracy issue.

I have almost 500 rounds of JSB EXACTS .20 13.73 grain shot through My HW100 about the last 100 rounds are so the accuracy has went down hill! Went from almost pellet in pellet to about a nickel in size with a few flyers at 25 yards? Thought it might be the stock screws being loose tightened them up and it made it worse? Any ideas what the problem is? The pellets are from the same tin. 

I have found that cleaning pellets don't seem to work very good for me. I just use dry patches as it seem like there is not much need for solvents to get the barrel clean. I do know that some people use different kinds of oils, but I can not say what. I am always a little cautious about using oils where the can come in contact with the O-rings as some will cause them to break down leading to leaks.

As to cleaning the bore, I have one rifle that does not drop in accuracy until after a couple thousand shots + - , one about 400 & another @ less than 100. It never ceases to amaze me. Another thing is none of my rifles like lubricated pellets , except my last purchase. That is the Daystate, my groups shrank immediately after lubing pellets & barrel stays cleaner longer. These air rifles are an adventure and what one does or likes does not apply to the next. Just when you think you have it figured out, you don't.