• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

accuracy fx and RAW .25 versus .30

I just bought a .30 bobcat MKII because i know from experiency that the accuracy is spot on even at 100+ yards. If the shooter does his part 1 inch groups are realistic. But this is no walk in the park if you want to do it consistantly. The same goes for the RAW 1000 .30. I frequently shoot indoor at 100+ yard and have seen proof of that and done it myself. And there are different video's on youtube to also back this up. So that is why i bought the bobcat .30 (Accuracy before looks.Please FX make a nice wood/laminate stock for the bobcat. Nice examples are out there on the internet)

I opted for a .25 for a long time but have not found any conclusive proof that FX or RAW .25 have the same level of accuracy at this range. I have found opposite proof
that the .25 FX wildcat for example does not have the same accuracy. For the RAW .25 i cannot say. But i'm inclined to say the same goes for the RAW .25.

The extreme benchrest also seems to tell a story . So in my opinion when people speak of accuracy concerning the FX and RAW guns on this forum. Then there is accuracy and then there is ACCURACY and the difference gets clear when shooting at 100 or 100+ yard)

So please let somebody proof me wrong on the FX and or RAW part for once and for all and i will trade in my bobcat .30 for a .25 in a hartbeat. Because this caliber has so much going for it. People commonly are a flock of sheep. And the same goes for me. Going the safe route on the FX bobcat .30

You got me thinking and i totally agree on that part. Would love to be able to take the gun out into the field. But in holland this is not a option. It probably would be more fun and make me a overall better shooter too. i envy you guys.

So for know i stick to indoor benchrest shooting looking for the best accuracy (it just grows on you). But in holland we do occasionally have outdoor shoots with targets at different distances. Will also be keeping a lookout for those events next year.

So thanks for your insight.

A fellow shooter just bought a second hand edgun matador .25 as a replacement for the bsa lonestar .25. He is shooting for a top 3 place with the bsa ultra this year. 13 december is the last 100 meter match. Already sold it but he can shoot the final match with the bsa.

For next year i think he will be trying his luck with the edgun matador .25 he bought second hand. Had some accuracy issues with it last week. Nothing to do with the regulator. Speed was constant at around 271 meters per second. However if he put a little pressure on the barrel end his impact point would change. If i remember correctly he had a bsa barrel mounted instead of the standard LW barrel used on the matador.
The standard barrel also came with the gun. Knowing him he will figure out what is wrong and start producing 1 inch groups if the gun is capable. Hope to see this happen.
I know the edgun has a good tracking record and know that a 100 meter match shooter gets really good results with a edgun matador .22. He fills up his internally regulated matador and shoots the match without a bottle attached.

Suggestions on the accuracy issue are welcom.