• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

According to "Alan" at SIGHTRON Scopes.......

Hi all, I very appreciate all the information/suggestions/comments offered regarding my question "is a SIGHTRON SI 3-9 X 32mm SAFE to use on a "moderate" power SPRINGER Air Rifle. I thought it best that I place a phone call to "Sightron HQ's" and get their response. A few day later, I received a message by a Man named "Alan". Alan said that my Scope in question IS rated for Air Rifle! So now, I either have to take a chance and try it out the Sightron SI (and chance ruining a brand new Sightron Scope) or, Pony up some money for the likes of a HAWKE scope. Ummmm......

SixCats! 

Both companies have great warranty and service and both are great scopes so you cannot lose with either. pick the weight, size and power that best suits you. Try not to overpower your nice springer with a big fat out of proportion scope. It throws off your balance and the total feel of the gun.. Most of us (Myself included ) have gone power and diameter crazy ending up with an ill fitting and unwieldy gun. Try for something no longer than 12" and weight no more than 20 oz. Staying close to those numbers brings home a really nice package. Just my $.02 worth. Enjoy!

Hi Guys, Yo, mine is a Sightron SI Series (SI39X32RF) 3-9 X 32mm Matte Black w/ Crosshair Reticle. This Scope is a "made in the Philippines. I purchase this Scope many years ago and never use/mounted etc. It's BRAND NEW (NOS). Socaloldman makes a great point (one I have thought about). Although the Scope isn't TOO huge, it's still a sizable amount of Scope for a Carbine style Air Rifle I'm thinking. I may be better off with a smaller (either) Fixed or small Variable 2-7 type scope. My Eyes are not so good now that I'm older and a Scope is going to be needed in my case. I do NOT need some MEGA power scope. I suspect my longest shot(s) would be 50 or so yards at best. Thank you both for your insight.

Regards,

SixCats!