Accidentally set fire to a squirrel!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As people have mentioned there is a real possibility you may have done some damage to your vision.

I don't know where you live, but pointing such a high-powered laser out in public spaces is quite illegal in most places. So if you plan to do it again, be sure to double check your local laws. It would be very easy to inadvertently blind a neighbour. If using that laser isn't illegal where you live, and you want to do it again, get some welding goggles before you try it the next time.

I have a 90W blue laser I sometimes play around with. The first time I plugged it in, in the garage, it started setting everything on fire -- and that was on "low".

Squirrels are probably pretty easy to light on fire. Their hair and skin is covered in a very light, i.e. flammable oil. Much like us, if we did not shower or bathe.

Hey all - just a word of warning - be very careful the type of laser sight you put on your PCP. I picked up a blue laser off Ali Express for my Notos and evidently it is one of the higher powered ones. As I was sighting on a squirrel it went up like a tinderbox. Thankfully I was able to dispatch it before it started a fire but FYI and be careful with the laser sights and pointers!
Screen Shot 2023-05-01 at 4.54.22 PM.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: lsi45 and dv8eod
Thanks all for the advice; I am hesitant to post a link to the laser for fear of contributing to eye damage. I noticed if I open my eyes under water in the swimming pool I can see the faint outline of a reticle.
What about in a lake? Swimming pools are notorious for faint illusions of reticles, especially the BDC type.

Hey all - just a word of warning - be very careful the type of laser sight you put on your PCP. I picked up a blue laser off Ali Express for my Notos and evidently it is one of the higher powered ones. As I was sighting on a squirrel it went up like a tinderbox. Thankfully I was able to dispatch it before it started a fire but FYI and be careful with the laser sights and pointers!
How many female squirrel the gigolo had with him ????

hand helds lasers are another hobby of mine.

5 watts ? Can you post a pic of the laser. 5 watts use to cost a premium. You can post the link we are all adults.

Eyewear ( specific laser goggles ) is necessary
High powered blue and UV lasers are coming down in price a little as they're used in resin 3d printers. That's how I acquired my 90W unit.

Thread locked for Rule #3. Unsafe operation.

Lasers are extremely dangerous to the user and
ANYONE who may be exposed directly or indirectly by reflection. There can be immediate and irreversible damage including blindness from even incidental exposure even at long distances. Airgun Nation cannot permit such unsafe practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.