• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Accidental Hunter

I was sitting in the basement watching Bonanaza and this tiny mouse came out of the laundry room. I happened to be sitting next to a table top covered with SSP P17 varieties of pistols. He went back into the laundry room, so I loaded an cocked my newest P17. I didn't expect him to be around when I turned on the lights, but there he was by some spring traps across the room. He was turned toward me when I fired...

I knocked him a foot and he looked dead...
A few minutes later, he
20231106_130238.jpg

20231106_111830.jpg
was gone... what a vampire mouse. I was sending pictures to my GF about how good of a shot I am and he's nowhere to be seen.

I lgot to thinking so I looked under the dryer and there he was with a huge hole in his side. He must have revived for a last few inches of travel
20231106_112815.jpg

Last edited:
Yes accidental pester L.
I got another one during Adam 12. They are so light they usually don't set off the trap. We just moved in here a couple of months ago. We wanted a fixer, and we got it like gang busters. This one I got in the side of the head. There might be 1 more, I picked up some sticky traps for him

20231106_160015.jpg

Reactions: .20calguy
Yes accidental pester L.
I got another one during Adam 12. They are so light they usually don't set off the trap. We just moved in here a couple of months ago. We wanted a fixer, and we got it like gang busters. This one I got in the side of the head. There might be 1 more, I picked up some sticky traps for him

View attachment 403897
Man, I am simply loving the fact you’re bagging those mice while watching the shows I grew up with…

Reactions: Ranchibi
Yes accidental pester L.

View attachment 403897
That kind of stuff happens occasionally!
Lol

I'm minding my own business watching tv and all of a sudden all this racket is happening. I get up and my cat has a mouse. He lets it go and catches it again, playing some kind of morbid game. Well I grab the RedRyder from the corner, and got a shot, sure enough, in typical Daisy form, it missfires, scaring the kitty and the mouse.
The weakened mouse didn't get far though before the RedRyder ended the show.

That kind of stuff happens occasionally!
Lol

I'm minding my own business watching tv and all of a sudden all this racket is happening. I get up and my cat has a mouse. He lets it go and catches it again, playing some kind of morbid game. Well I grab the RedRyder from the corner, and got a shot, sure enough, in typical Daisy form, it missfires, scaring the kitty and the mouse.
The weakened mouse didn't get far though before the RedRyder ended the show.

I had a used red ryder back in the 80's my grandpa bought me. It was fairly powerful. These PNW mice are tough. I hit both with my most powerful P17 at maybe 20 feet and both barely died. Most of the cats I had were "watchers," good you have one that helps

Reactions: .20calguy
I had a used red ryder back in the 80's my grandpa bought me. It was fairly powerful. These PNW mice are tough. I hit both with my most powerful P17 at maybe 20 feet and both barely died. Most of the cats I had were "watchers," good you have one that helps
I have five gandkids and six RedRyders in that corner.
I've often thought about building an old sheriff style gun rack for them, with a Daisy double barrel on the right hand side. 👍

Reactions: AmosBurton