Accident. Daystate Air Ranger bottle front part blasts

I know HPA is not a joke but under the scenario this accident happened raises many questions on the safety while using the products of even the top end companies of the world.

For the peace of mind and safety, I always make plenums out of solid bar of high grade stainless steel. It costs more and weighs more but safety first.

Regards,

Umair Bhaur

Screenshot_20230707-132736_Android System.jpg
IMG-20230707-WA0045.jpg
IMG-20230707-WA0046.jpg
IMG-20230707-WA0047.jpg

I know HPA is not a joke but under the scenario this accident happened raises many questions on the safety while using the products of even the top end companies of the world.

For the peace of mind and safety, I always make plenums out of solid bar of high grade stainless steel. It costs more and weighs more but safety first.

Regards,

Umair Bhaur

View attachment 370563View attachment 370564View attachment 370565View attachment 370566
I’ve never liked the stress created on an air vessels neck, especially when exposed in a way where the bottle can be used to support the weight of the gun - also older gun? When was it last hydro’d?

Did your gun have the bottle/barrel band on it? It looks like the guns came with one from the factory. Maybe it was just as much for support of the bottle as it was the barrel. After time if it was not there it could have fatigued the bottle threads especially if the bottle was used for support or had a bottle clamp for a bipod.

IMG_2767.png

Really scary and interesting, especially as I have an Air Ranger myself . . .

The one that blew has something different than mine does, and also different than the picture from bigmike of a factory one in the second post too - if you look you will see that the aluminum bottle has some form of "collar" on it that spaced it off of the action about 15mm or so. I don't know why, as it clearly is too small to be a regulator or anything like that, and you can see in the photo that the failure occurred inside this "space" as well. On mine the threads engage the full length of the bottle, which are M18x1.5 with about 20mm or more of engagement - this set up reduced that engagement by a lot.

I believe something is not "factory" about this gun, and of course we do not know the pressure it was run at. But the bottle did not fail, the interfacing part on the gun failed, most likely because it was not being used as designed . . . . clearly more info will surface on this one . . .

Last edited:
Really scary and interesting, especially as I have an Air Ranger myself . . .

The one that blew has something different than mine does, and also different than the picture from bigmike of a factory one in the second post too - if you look you will see that the aluminum bottle has some form of "collar" on it that spaced it off of the action about 15mm or so. I don't know why, as it clearly is too small to be a regulator or anything like that, and you can see in the photo that the failure occurred inside this "space" as well. On mine the threads engage the full length of the bottle, which are M18x1.5 with about 20mm or more of engagement - this set up reduced that engagement by a lot.

I believe something is not "factory" about this gun, and of course we do not know the pressure it was run at. But the bottle did not fail, the interfacing part on the gun failed, most likely because it was not being used as designed . . . . clearly more info will surface on this one . . .

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the threaded end of the bottle.

Friends
I got this post from a Facebook page of Daystate users today.

To me it was so scary that I wanted to share it with all of you.

I don't know the details but we all should take proper measures to be safe.

Only high quality products should be used. In case of after market things, do your proper research before use.

No risk can be taken.

Bhaur

Yikes. Imagine if it was a rear mounted bottle , that bottle could have been close to someone's chest .

If I had to be struck by it, I’d rather be the guy holding the gun when it let go rather than standing 20ft away after it has picked up substantial velocity.