• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Accident. Daystate Air Ranger bottle front part blasts

Idk guys look at this random pic off of Google. Same color block as what this guy has. I will say though I think it had to be dropped to be damaged like that. Then later gave way??

Screenshot_20230710_151146_Google.jpg

Without any experience with this particular platform, at minimum this tells me to stay away from aluminum bottle adapters with large internal passages.

Those in-bottle plenum definitely seem sketchy now at best.

That one seems to have sheared right at the end of the threads, o-ring shoulder, perhaps machining of sharp angles contributed to a fracture?

Typically aluminum m18 regs have a much smaller ID air passage than what we see here so this failure doesn't make me too worried in those applications.

Definitely makes me review my guns with longer, high pressure bottles.

Without any experience with this particular platform, at minimum this tells me to stay away from aluminum bottle adapters with large internal passages.

Those in-bottle plenum definitely seem sketchy now at best.

That one seems to have sheared right at the end of the threads, o-ring shoulder, perhaps machining of sharp angles contributed to a fracture?

Typically aluminum m18 regs have a much smaller ID air passage than what we see here so this failure doesn't make me too worried in those applications.

Definitely makes me review my guns with longer, high pressure bottles.
Brass Buddy Bottle connector also have issues:
My Buddy Bottle crumbled off my circa 2015 BSA R10 yesterdayo_O.
Thankfully, it wouldn't hold any air either.

Bottom line -> Maintain your equipment by checking periodically (y)

BSA Buddy Bottle Break.jpg

I just checked my AirWolf. I purchased it new and all I have done is add a Carbon Fiber bottle and replace the battery. Mine also has different colors in the finish.
View attachment 371919
Agree on the colors, but do note there is no added part between the bottle and the block. I don’t have a “spacer” either, and I’ve never seen one before except in this failed gun.