• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Absolute Bottom (Rabbit Hole)

No bottom in sight, the airgun hole is a bottomless pit. It will swallow all of us eventually..... 😆

Matthias

FUN. The Airgun Hole -- So Deep, So Wide. #01Bb. Guatemala City Sinkhole, Guatemala, 2888.jpg

Last edited:
I think I may finally be on the correct path towards the bottom of the (bottomless?) rabbit hole haha!

All I need now is an Alkin Mariner W31, a limited edition walnut stock Huben K1 in .25, and two American Air Arm’s Evol’s… (one chambered in .30 and one in.22 of course). I suppose I may as well add two J.B. Great White’s and a an Air Tanks Plus cascade system while I’m all in!

Wish me luck 😆

Have you found your bottom yet?
Good god, that is some serious inventory.

Reactions: Hangtown-Shooter
Rabbit hole —— Have you found your bottom yet? Wish me luck😆

I guess, I AM lucky...!!

During my fall down the airgun rabbit hole, I have found several side holes or parallel holes....

𑪢 There is the long range airgun rabbit hole....:
I already bought the long range scope, the long range range finder, the long range scope rings. And I've been feverishly looking for a long range airgun.

𑪢 Then there is this new to me airgun pistol-shooting rabbit hole....
How can I explain my fall down it....? 🤔
Well, you see, it's like this:
I just bought a scope —
with an aim system I have never in my life seen in action —
for a PCP pistol (those types of guns I have never shot before) —
and this particular pistol isn't even on the market yet.

Yeah, I got it bad.
The good thing, though, with those parallel rabbit holes is that you can keep falling down in each of them at the same time!! 😆

Airgunning
really IS an amazing sickness.

Matthias

Time to get another cabinet. They are cheaper than the air guns.
...it's the THIRD cabinet - no more room for cabinets either 😕

Trouble is that if an airgun passes the one month break-in and evaluation period it become a permanent resident of VARACC (Vana's Airgun Resort and County Club).

I still shoot my original (55 yo) Slavia 618. LOL!

• Haha
Reactions: HogKiller
Personally, due to a genetic predisposition to squeeze that wee penny as hard as possible until I let go for a tool that does a specific job. My goal was splatting ground squirrels and avoiding using precious/expensive pew-pew ammo for practice. I first bought a Savage A17 and scope and those squirrels didn't stand a chance, the thing's a laser. BUT sadly there was a dog on the permission that was not fond of the sound. So investigated airguns and hello Rabbit Hole®.

I still have my first air gun, a Daisy 717, shoots fine. My first break barrel that got me going over the edge of the Rabbit Hole® when it sucked so badly, a Remington Nitro, than I bought a Zbroia Sapsan S, just when Putin decided on his little adventure in Ukraine....kiss off parts. It wouldn't reach out like I needed for the squirrels, 100+ yards. So researched and picked up a Maverick .25 VP. of course needed to find the perfect scope, then started to spiral a bit as I was pulled into the Rabbit Hole®. Picked up another Maverick .25 Sniper, a used and abused one as it turns out, turned it into a .22 compact, learned how to fix the darn things from the abused standpoint on said gun. My last gun probably is going to be another pistol, hopefully a Tequila.

Got a Tuxing 032 compressor, trials and tribulations followed but fixed it and it's still working. Have a Tiger Shark 74cf tank. Have more scopes found ones that my eye likes, Arken's, note to self, sell my others. Coming in for a soft landing. I have zero burning desire to find the perfect gun, I'm pretty close to it IMHO for my needs. My Mavericks poke holes at the appropriate distances with regularity with pretty much whatever I decide to shove in them, except those &^%$# SLUGS, my Sapsan works great out to 35 yards with a magnified red-dot.

Reactions: Hangtown-Shooter
Personally, due to a genetic predisposition to squeeze that wee penny as hard as possible until I let go for a tool that does a specific job. My goal was splatting ground squirrels and avoiding using precious/expensive pew-pew ammo for practice. I first bought a Savage A17 and scope and those squirrels didn't stand a chance, the thing's a laser. BUT sadly there was a dog on the permission that was not fond of the sound. So investigated airguns and hello Rabbit Hole®.

I still have my first air gun, a Daisy 717, shoots fine. My first break barrel that got me going over the edge of the Rabbit Hole® when it sucked so badly, a Remington Nitro, than I bought a Zbroia Sapsan S, just when Putin decided on his little adventure in Ukraine....kiss off parts. It wouldn't reach out like I needed for the squirrels, 100+ yards. So researched and picked up a Maverick .25 VP. of course needed to find the perfect scope, then started to spiral a bit as I was pulled into the Rabbit Hole®. Picked up another Maverick .25 Sniper, a used and abused one as it turns out, turned it into a .22 compact, learned how to fix the darn things from the abused standpoint on said gun. My last gun probably is going to be another pistol, hopefully a Tequila.

Got a Tuxing 032 compressor, trials and tribulations followed but fixed it and it's still working. Have a Tiger Shark 74cf tank. Have more scopes found ones that my eye likes, Arken's, note to self, sell my others. Coming in for a soft landing. I have zero burning desire to find the perfect gun, I'm pretty close to it IMHO for my needs. My Mavericks poke holes at the appropriate distances with regularity with pretty much whatever I decide to shove in them, except those &^%$# SLUGS, my Sapsan works great out to 35 yards with a magnified red-dot.
That's odd the Maverick doesn't like slugs. I've got a 500mm superior barrel with carbon liner tube bonded. It loves just about any slug I put in it. And pellets too.

That's odd the Maverick doesn't like slugs. I've got a 500mm superior barrel with carbon liner tube bonded. It loves just about any slug I put in it. And pellets too.
Now in all honesty, I've only tried FX/RMR slugs that these guns were designed for. Just can't get them as good as the pellets, which is one minute of squirrel at 100 yards. Heck can't get a good repeatable group at 25 yards. I'm not mucking with the tune of my guns, if I feel the need, I'll buy another gun and play with it. But see the part about squeezing that wee penny.

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas