• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Absolute best product, targets.

crowski

Dec 14, 2020
On, Canada
I used to down hill ski, Eastern Townships Quebec or Jay Peek. Used to really enjoy spring skiing, icey granulars and warm sun shine. Well I know it’s still winter but the weather around here has been just that. Last week and the week before was just that as well. I put in nearly 40 hrs. on my range, shot between 5000 and 6000 rounds.
‘The snow as a back drop doesn’t get any better.
IMG_8071.jpeg
Here I’m shooting a twig. I missed but I can see exactly where it went, bonus. Next shot gone.
Yesterday I wasn’t going to plow but noticed it getting soft from sun so I created targets from plowing the snow into thousands of shapes.
IMG_8072.jpeg
When the sun hits the snow balls they get mushy and make a big hole or explode. When they freeze and turn to ice over nite and really pop nicely.
IMG_8061.jpeg
Another bonus is nite time shooting. With snows reflective properties I can easily shoot at nite, especially with the short days.
IMG_8003.jpeg
You can see beyond the range and there’s snow trapped in the crooks of the trees. A few I‘ve marked off at 60 and 75 yds is an awesome target easy to see in the scope where you hit.
‘Took me 7 rounds to hit and sever this branch. 40 yds. 4 misses
IMG_7946.jpeg
I shot for 2 hours this morning, it was low 40’s but the sun makes you hot, had to peel some clothing.
The targets snow creates is unlimited and inexpensive. I really like the fact you can trace you shot, misses.
I found my favorite rifles in the wet snow was the HW97 .25
IMG_8058.jpeg
This thing kicked butt.
Any one else get into the snow targets? Or have good ideas? Crow

Nice range and nice rig.

I recently discovered the same thing with the snow, (we got no appreciable snowfall the last two years) but there has been more on the ground this year.
A couple weeks ago I was shooting my PP750 over the chrono tuning some recent upgrades and noticed the 50 or so impact paths in the snow at 25-30 yds. Looked cool when viewed from 10' up on our deck.

Sunday I had the same PP750 in my new gun clamp I bought for the Nat. Geo. tripod I bought at that insane price recently.

Never shot like that before so was fooling around shooting from the kitchen sliding door. Pretty cool.

It was a beautiful day but windy, no pest targets but I realized I could stretch this thing out with out having to set a target. I chose a leaf in the snow at 90 yds on the hill behind my house. sent 5 or 6 shots and saw a nice group in the snow. Hope to be able to do it again this weekend and I will set up in a better position and see what she will really do.
Cant do that on grass, dirt or leaves without setting a paper target of some size.

I used to down hill ski, Eastern Townships Quebec or Jay Peek. Used to really enjoy spring skiing, icey granulars and warm sun shine. Well I know it’s still winter but the weather around here has been just that. Last week and the week before was just that as well. I put in nearly 40 hrs. on my range, shot between 5000 and 6000 rounds.
‘The snow as a back drop doesn’t get any better. View attachment 437894Here I’m shooting a twig. I missed but I can see exactly where it went, bonus. Next shot gone.
Yesterday I wasn’t going to plow but noticed it getting soft from sun so I created targets from plowing the snow into thousands of shapes.View attachment 437893When the sun hits the snow balls they get mushy and make a big hole or explode. When they freeze and turn to ice over nite and really pop nicely. View attachment 437895Another bonus is nite time shooting. With snows reflective properties I can easily shoot at nite, especially with the short days.View attachment 437896You can see beyond the range and there’s snow trapped in the crooks of the trees. A few I‘ve marked off at 60 and 75 yds is an awesome target easy to see in the scope where you hit.
‘Took me 7 rounds to hit and sever this branch. 40 yds. 4 misses
View attachment 437901I shot for 2 hours this morning, it was low 40’s but the sun makes you hot, had to peel some clothing.
The targets snow creates is unlimited and inexpensive. I really like the fact you can trace you shot, misses.
I found my favorite rifles in the wet snow was the HW97 .25View attachment 437903This thing kicked butt.
Any one else get into the snow targets? Or have good ideas? Crow
Thanks for sharing Crow!
I've been shooting snow targets for decades. Especially love the snow stuck in all the little crevices of trees.
I shoot a hole in the snow, and the hole becomes my new target. I actually have zero'd many scopes by using this "nature's shoot and see" target.
Lots of fun!

How about a little more than a paint ball. Caught a can about a month ago. View attachment 438133Don’t eat yellow snow. Crow
The sprayers allways clog before their empty anyway.
We had a snow storm in 63 I think it was. Lol
Our precipitation is a little wetter, so we need floating tarfgets.

Reactions: crowski
Thanks for sharing Crow!
I've been shooting snow targets for decades. Especially love the snow stuck in all the little crevices of trees.
I shoot a hole in the snow, and the hole becomes my new target. I actually have zero'd many scopes by using this "nature's shoot and see" target.
Lots of fun!
Your welcome, that one faded shot I put ten through the hole 30 yds.
And to zero a scope is a joke in the snow. Crow
The sprayers allways clog before their empty anyway.
We had a snow storm in 63 I think it was. Lol
Our precipitation is a little wetter, so we need floating tarfgets.
I go through 20 cans a year. Most clog. The ones that don’t I save. Crow

Reactions: .20calguy