• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Tuning Abrasive cloth

Here is the piston. Don’t know how I’ll spin it
06FB303E-561D-4B39-8672-CA6BF0D38ECF.1617137020.jpeg

Looks even trickier. I think you need to find a way to get the seal spinning. I still have bench top machine tools so I would make an arbor shaped like the end of the piston to hold the seal in the lathe. In a larger lathe, you could chuck up on the piston body itself. Could you find a seal adapter that you might be able to mount in a drill press? Perhaps the type with a center hole used to convert leather seals to plastic.

Yesterday I Put in the new seal from ARH buttoned it all up and it wouldn’t cock. Was quite frustrated with the whole thing so I just left it in the bench.
Thought about it awhile made a few phone calls and decided on a course of action.

I took it apart again and removed the spring. I could then see how it was supposed to latch. I had installed the trigger wrong. Reassembled and every thing was hunky dorey. Except safety wasn’t working right. Took it apart again and noticed a spring and ball that rides the safety switch had fallen out. Tiny little bits. Found them put it back together and it’s shooting factory specs. Taking it to our silhouette shoot tomorrow and running some lead thru it.