• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

About to receive a Fx impact mk1 on a trade should I keep it or go for something else newer

I recently traded my impact m3 (for money reasons) and I didn’t wanna be without a gun so I traded for money and the mk1. I’m just the type that has to have the latest and greatest but had to do the responsible thing and bring some funds in, so I’m just wondering how the mk1 is. I’m sure it’s a great gun, but going from the m3 I just know I’m gonna want more if that makes sense. Just curious on what you guys think, sell/trade it, or keep it.
********sorry forgot to mention I’m receiving it today.

Agree, put a tin or two through it and odds are you will like it as is. You can buy into the upgrades if/when they make sense for you; IMO if you are shooting pellets there isn't much need to go beyond a larger plenum. Keep an eye on the classifieds or put a WTB out there, a lot of slug junkies will be upgrading power blocks / plenums and might cut you a good deal on their left over bits.

Agree, put a tin or two through it and odds are you will like it as is. You can buy into the upgrades if/when they make sense for you; IMO if you are shooting pellets there isn't much need to go beyond a larger plenum. Keep an eye on the classifieds or put a WTB out there, a lot of slug junkies will be upgrading power blocks / plenums and might cut you a good deal on their left over bits.
I agree and planned on doing pretty much that but I’m just semi new to the air gun world not really but about 6 months into it and I’ve owned both air Venturi rifles bullpup/standard, a Benjamin armada, aea carbine/assassin and a fx wildcat mk1. My wildcat mk1 is prolly the most accurate and consistent gun I’ve owned (yes over my m3) but I prolly just didn’t get too into the m3 to where I coulda made it much more accurate. But the simplicity of the wildcat is what I like. Anyhow only time will tell thanks for the info

Your getting it today, have not shot it, and want an opinion, ,your starting a self-defeating attitude.And this after stating you sold your M3 for money reasons.
Here is what you do, you do the best you can and I am sure others would be able to make the MK 1 shoot great and so can you.
Thanks and I was skeptical to post this lol but figured someone would have some advice. Appreciate your honesty

Well I won’t be shooting it right away. Here it is and I must say it’s in great shape besides the fact that it’s leaking somewhere. When I screw in the bottle, air leaks out right where the power wheel is. Anyone have an idea what that is and what has to come apart to get to it. The guy did tell me prior to purchasing that it is prolly gonna need a new o ring kit

30770F95-A204-4B34-BE5F-88BB770F50DA.jpeg
B2F81D13-B07C-4250-A604-C7D82AB9FA30.jpeg

Reactions: Deleted 45061