AAA EVOL & Paradigm Trigger adjustment and tuning

Recently I made a visit to the American Air Arms facility to visit Tom and to deliver my EVOL that I have decided to donate to this years EBR raffle. I put together this video where Tom shows how to adjust the trigger and offers some tuning advice for those wanting to make adjustments. He has been really busy but I was happy he had some time to help with putting this together. After EBR we plan to produce some more videos that discuss his products, and some more advanced videos that will apply to many brands of Airguns as I feel he has lots to share. BTW the wood stock Paradigm is one of the most beautiful rifles I've ever seen.

Recently I made a visit to the American Air Arms facility to visit Tom and to deliver my EVOL that I have decided to donate to this years EBR raffle. I put together this video where Tom shows how to adjust the trigger and offers some tuning advice for those wanting to make adjustments. He has been really busy but I was happy he had some time to help with putting this together. After EBR we plan to produce some more videos that discuss his products, and some more advanced videos that will apply to many brands of Airguns as I feel he has lots to share. BTW the wood stock Paradigm is one of the most beautiful rifles I've ever seen.

Thanks for sharing Dana.!!

Reactions: Removed
Thanks for the video. I really liked hearing what pellet was designed for. I would love to hear his advise for the 22 Paradigm. The trigger explanation was great. I would have liked to watch this before making the adjustments to my Paradigm. I still have more pre travel than I would be ideal for my hand finger size.
Agreed, great video but was selfishly hoping he'd tell us the Paradigm pellet. Guessing MRD, though I've not had great results with them from mine yet. Ordered some from another lot to see if that'll help.

Thanks @Crosman999 for putting these together!

The more I listen to Tom (and others 'in the know'), the more my confidence in my EVOLs further increases. Love to hear the design intent - straight from the designer. And their reasons behind designing it the way they did. Plus all of the little tidbits of knowledge regarding take-down, re-assembly, light tuning, etc.

Thanks again Crosman999 for bringing this great information to all of us.

Agreed, great video but was selfishly hoping he'd tell us the Paradigm pellet. Guessing MRD, though I've not had great results with them from mine yet. Ordered some from another lot to see if that'll help.

Thanks @Crosman999 for putting these together!
Yes the MRD. I've been hearing newer batches are having problems in several guns. The word is that JSB either changed their die or at the very least the ejection/core pin that forms the inside of the skirt.

This may have 2 effects. First is a center of gravity shift and second pin style bolts ( like the EVOL) may not be loading the pellet past the loading port. If the later is the case it is very probable the skirt is being deformed during the initial portion of the shot cycle. The fix will be either an rede3signed chambe insert or longer probe.

Yes the MRD. I've been hearing newer batches are having problems in several guns. The word is that JSB either changed their die or at the very least the ejection/core pin that forms the inside of the skirt.

This may have 2 effects. First is a center of gravity shift and second pin style bolts ( like the EVOL) may not be loading the pellet past the loading port. If the later is the case it is very probable the skirt is being deformed during the initial portion of the shot cycle. The fix will be either an rede3signed chambe insert or longer probe.
Thanks for the response! Don't want to hijack the thread so I'll just say I'm firmly of the belief it's a pellet issue, not the rifle, & leave it at that (will PM you with some details).

Thanks also for working with @Crosman999 to produce these videos. Invaluable to the end users, & a sure sign that the manufacturer wants us to have the best possible experience with their product.

On the tuning end of things -

I've done a little adjusting to the hammer spring to drop the pellet speed (and sound level) a little.

Has anyone lowered the regulator pressure ? 2000psi (138bar) seems like a lot, especially for us shooting at lower velocity's. I'd like to drop mine to 90 to 1400psi to not beat up the guns guts so much with the higher pressure.

This may also help with the last little, hard tug required on the cocking lever, to get the full cocking action.

Mike