• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AAA EVOL .30 Magnon VS FX Impact X MKII .30

What would be your choice?

-Barrel:

EVOL 381MM (15")

MKII: 500mm (19.6") but in a bullpup so very compact. 

-FPE:

EVOL 75 fpe

MKII 80 fpe 

Magazine:

EVOL 30: 9 Shot

MKII 30: 23 Shot

AAA - American made fwiw and tier one quality - Thats a plus 1 for me, but obviously just my opinion.

I am looking for a compact(ish) .30 to compliment my Leishy 2 350mm in .25. 

I love the AAA air guns. However, you need to take into account price. If I’m not mistaken, the AAA is almost a 1/3 more money. Another thing to consider is the .30 Impact should put out a lot more than 80fpe, not sure about the AAA air gun’s real numbers. Good luck with your decision, there sure are a lot of guns out there to choose from these days. 

Stoti

Have a FX Impact gen 2 upgraded to power plenum. Originally purchased as a .30 cal but changed to .22 slugs after I bought a AAA Slayer .357. Both rifles are excellent. Slayer is the best rifle I have ever shot so I expect none the less of the .30 Evol. If I was looking for purely hunting rifle the .30 Evol would be my choice. Price and lead time are also a factor.

Can't best the versatility of the Impact platform. After purchasing a .45 Texan SS and with the Slayer. 357 on order decided to convert to a .22 then a slug gun.

Good to know. Price is a concern, but not a concern at the same time - if that makes sense. I would say the AAA IS at the top of the $$$ though. If someone suggests something off the cuff that costs $3.5k+ it will be DQ'd right away no matter how great it might be. 😂

The big thing the MKII has is the compact size - but then I am going back on forth on if I even care as the L2 is compact and so that niche is filled.

Accuracy and power seem to be a non-issue for both guns so with those things being roughly equal...

EVOL appeals to me more and would be my first choice. Super rugged, american made and tuned by the maker and I like the look better by a lot.

I’d prefer a wildcat over an impact if I ever buy an FX gun. Seems like a more rugged design and I see far fewer complaints in reviews and discussions about it than the impact.

Front bottle guns just don’t appeal to me at all... probably because they just look less like guns and the ergos just seem awkward to me. Weird hang up I know but I can’t seem to shake it yet as a new airgunner.

The barrel attachment system is delicate in the FX Impact compared to the EVOL.

There's no perfect gun, even the EVOL, but I don't plan on buying another Impact because of various things I didn't like about it, meaning not just a few. In fact the only thing I liked about it was the high capacity.

I look at the EVOL as more of hunting gun and I liked how hard a 50gr pellet smacks small game!

The only other gun I’ve seen that interests me in that caliber is the RAW HM1000X. Seems like an excellent shooter that would perform at the same level as the FX or EVOL, american made as well, Similar AR styling and furniture compatibility (chassis version). It even uses a front bottle design so I guess there’s hope for me coming around to front bottles yet! 😁 I’d still choose the EVOL as my preferred gun, but from everything I’ve seen the RAW is a winner. I would probably take that over an impact as well.

I have both. The Evol is a much better built gun. But it is much longer. If you want a compact gun the Evol isn't it. You can put a folding stock on it to help with that. Also the Evol isn't as easy to tune. You have to take it apart to adjust the regulator. But mine shoots the JSB 44gr I didn't need to touch it. The Evol is much more comfortable to shoot from a bench or in prone foe me, it more resembles a standard rifle. If i have to decide now between one or the other, all day everyday it is the Evol.

I have both. The Evol is a much better built gun. But it is much longer. If you want a compact gun the Evol isn't it. You can put a folding stock on it to help with that. Also the Evol isn't as easy to tune. You have to take it apart to adjust the regulator. But mine shoots the JSB 44gr I didn't need to touch it. The Evol is much more comfortable to shoot from a bench or in prone foe me, it more resembles a standard rifle. If i have to decide now between one or the other, all day everyday it is the Evol.

Thank you. And to be clear, I am talking about the Magnon - not the standard length EVOL. But yes, its clear form the pics the FX is more compact. I just want something compact(ish). Not a full blown large 600mm+ barreled rifle. 

So the JSB 44gr is what you suggest out of the box? I am going to start a thread at some point regarding this.

It will fit well with your Edgun. It is built more like the Edgun than most other guns. The trigger is excellent. The bolt is very nice, not as easy as the Impact but the Impact action is stupid easy. All metal magazines is real nice. Get a couple extras. I got 3 total. I load up all thee and then I refill the gun when they are empty. Get high rings for the clearance on inserting the mags. I have the FX adjustable and they are just the right height.